GRAPHIC PICTURE...prolapse I think....*UPDATE*

babychickfarmer

Songster
12 Years
This is a picture of what is goin on with my chiken Bacani. Any suggestions on what it is??

4yezng8.jpg

Last edited:
Is that the egg still in there? If so use some like olive oil or a warm bath to get the egg to come out. Other than that I don't know what to say, haven't had this problem before.

Wow, I am so sorry...I have NO idea, I heard cleaning the area really well, and slathering it with honey works....but if there is an egg in there, you would have to get that out first. Maybe its time for a trip to the vet!?

This is what has bin happening every day for the last three days. around the same time. We get the egg out everytime and the uteris or egg sack just goes right back on in her. We have bin massaging the egg out with olive oil as well. We have some vets we have bin talking to and we plan on maybe sutchering her up so it doesn't happen agian. We'll see. Still I would like to know anything if anyone knows. thank YOU!

If it goes back in I don't think it is a prolapse by definition. Your hen prob ally just isn't lubricated enough so to say, especially since you are able to massage it out. Good luck in figuring out how to solve this.

Back
Top Bottom