*graphic video* do you see any mareks tumors?

Natural wormers do not treat worms. Valbazen is very safe, and and the generic albendazole is used in humans for worms all over the world. Dosage is 1/4 ml for bantams or chicks, and 1/2 ml for standard chickens once, and again in 10 days. But it is expensive, around $48 at
https://www.jefferspet.com/valbazen-oral-suspension-500ml-w-cap/p
If you order something else on their website, shipping is free for orders over $49.
Locally at feed stores SafeGuard Horse paste or the Liquid Goat Wormer is between 15 and 20 dollars. It requires 5 days dosing for all worms except tapeworms.

Gosh - good job on doing this. I'm sure it was hard and you did a great job.
I cook often and opening up a bird chicken or Turkey I have done before but there’s usually no innards. So for this one, it was so hard because she was more of a pet and my kids got really attached to her. He still cries about her to this day.

I cook often and opening up a bird chicken or Turkey I have done before but there’s usually no innards. So for this one, it was so hard because she was more of a pet and my kids got really attached to her. He still cries about her to this day.
Exactly the hard part. We do broilers every year, and after the first it isn't too bad. But I can't imagine having to do this on a laying hen.

Again, good job. I commend you.

@chicktings like we discussed, I will tag in @Eggcessive @azygous and @coach723 to view your photos and video as well.

If possible, I think I would get a sulfa antibiotic and treat all the chicks. Continue with the Corid treatment for the 5-7 days.

I do see the bumps on the intestines but couldn't say whether or not those are tumors due to Marek's or if they are due to something like Enteritis.

Liver looks to be a good color with possibly some hemorrhaging unless that was done during investigation.
Heart looks relatively normal, but also a possible hemorrhage?

Gizzard looks o.k.

Get photos of the current one that is not feeling well along with her poop.
Again, tell us what you feed including treats. You provide grit too right? Sorry if I forgot.

I know it was very hard to do this, but you did a good job:hugs

https://allbirdproducts.myshopify.com/products/trimethoprim-sulfa-powder-generic
https://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?pgguid=91F10ACA-FB33-44F4-9A6C-40FCD628F49B
Hi, Wyorp Rock! I'm down here in Texas, and have a tiny flock of seven, but I love my birds just like ya'll. I don't have any problems YET, but for my future reference, with that antibiotic you mentioned, is it put on topically, in a bath, dust bath, or is it put in their food? And what's the dosage, if you know? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_4704.JPG
    IMG_4704.JPG
    716.8 KB · Views: 1
Hi, Wyorp Rock! I'm down here in Texas, and have a tiny flock of seven, but I love my birds just like ya'll. I don't have any problems YET, but for my future reference, with that antibiotic you mentioned, is it put on topically, in a bath, dust bath, or is it put in their food? And what's the dosage, if you know? Thanks.
It depends on the product/form you get. If powder, then it goes in the drinking water - instructions and dosing is usually on the packaging. If pill form it would be dosed orally.

Back
Top Bottom