Is This A Tumor On My Chickens Neck? If So What Could Cause This?

HappyChicken2244

In the Brooder
May 29, 2023
Hello again everyone. This has been a rough week. Thank you for everyone’s advice about helping my sick chicken & questions on deworming my flock. This community has been a god send. As I was deworming everyone I discovered another one of my Polish chickens has a big golf ball-sized lump on the front of her neck. She is about 5 months old. It is solid as a rock and the skin where it is at is grey and kinda scaley. I’m pretty sure it is not her crop. It looks like a tumor. Also on one side of her face, there is another smaller lump developing below her eye. I have no clue what this is but I know it’s not good. She feels like she has lost some weight but otherwise, she has been acting normal. The lump is impossible to see because of her feathers but when you feel it you know it’s there. I apologize for the bad pictures but you can’t see the lump because of the feathers.

I made a post about another one of my Polish chickens being sick. She couldn’t stand or walk and was severely lethargic. I was afraid it could be Marek's disease because she couldn’t walk. I treated for coccidiosis and dewormed her. Since starting Corrid she is now walking, eating, and can move her legs again. But now with another Polish chicken having tumor-like bumps, I’m afraid my whole flock could have Mareks. I have 25 chickens and all of them are not vaccinated for Mareks. Everyone else is acting/eating fine though. I don’t know what to do. Is there any other explanation besides Mareks that she could be having these bumps? I feel so defeated like I’m not doing a good job of keeping my chickens healthy. I love them like pets.

Attachments

• 2F73C437-997B-4084-A2D4-AF72E3A44BB3.jpeg
    2F73C437-997B-4084-A2D4-AF72E3A44BB3.jpeg
    277.6 KB · Views: 67
  • 0D99713F-8674-4828-B5C2-31E69DE3B45F.jpeg
    0D99713F-8674-4828-B5C2-31E69DE3B45F.jpeg
    496.2 KB · Views: 29
It is possible. But I can't tell much from the pictures. What side of the neck is the lump on, as if you were the chicken. It's right side or left side? What makes you think it isn't the crop?

Can you open the beak and take some clear photos?

Hard to tell what the crust skin is, it may be a feather cyst, but check her for lice and mites.

What do you feed, including treats?

Back
Top Bottom