Gray jungle fowl

Quote:
I would not free range the gray jungle fowl they are a little flighty and would not stay around.

I hand reared some red jungle fowl that remain on property. Do you think grays would remain if fostered by such red jungle fowl hens?

Quote:
I would not free range the gray jungle fowl they are a little flighty and would not stay around.

I hand reared some red jungle fowl that remain on property. Do you think grays would remain if fostered by such red jungle fowl hens?

I not sure if they would or not I know all of these young one I raised are flight and I'am around them alot.

DMFarm,

Ultimately I would like to have a pair of gray jungle fowl rear chicks free range so I can observe parental behavior, specifically in respect to what the father does when hen quits brooding. I have not been able to find by researching what the jungle fowl's home range requirements are (area, trees, grass, water etc.). I have been pretty consistent with training wild birds to come to hand and thought if starting with hatchlings might be able to do same with grays, especially if they are under a previously tamed hen.

I was looking over some old post concerning your grey jungle fowl....how did that dark one turn out?

Back
Top Bottom