Green and Spalding chicks

Good point Danny, but a band that loose would cause me more concern as it could get hung on something and rip the peas leg out of joint if they struggle
wink.png
It is important that the leg bands used in the right size. The BAB leg bends are open aluminium strips, which are clipped over (pressed together) the leg. For your personal use, this would be fine, but this is nothing, which you can use really for an identical identification because you can remove and put it onto another bird etc.

Closed leg bands can only be removed if you will cut off the ring. It is important that closed leg bends used in the right size (diameter). For green peafowl are 20mm for hens and 22mm rings for males are recommended. When the birds are fully-grown then the leg bands are not loose anymore. They still have a little clearance. Important is that you don’t have some loose wire mash at the floor where the birds can hang in with the leg band.

I never had the problem that a bird were hanging in with the leg band.

It is important that the leg bands used in the right size. The BAB leg bends are open aluminium strips, which are clipped over (pressed together) the leg. For your personal use, this would be fine, but this is nothing, which you can use really for an identical identification because you can remove and put it onto another bird etc.

Closed leg bands can only be removed if you will cut off the ring. It is important that closed leg bends used in the right size (diameter). For green peafowl are 20mm for hens and 22mm rings for males are recommended. When the birds are fully-grown then the leg bands are not loose anymore. They still have a little clearance. Important is that you don’t have some loose wire mash at the floor where the birds can hang in with the leg band.

I never had the problem that a bird were hanging in with the leg band.
Thank you for this info
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom