Green Bay, WI: Light brahma/Favorelles mix pullet give away

3peeps

Songster
12 Years
Jul 4, 2007
I'm looking to find a home for our funny girl "Rainbow Bird". My broody orpington hatched her from a batch of three fertile eggs on April 9th, so we've watched her grow and she laid her first pullet egg last weekend. I'd love to keep her, but we have close neighbors and unless she's free-ranging, she's loud. Her first egg was a pinky brown.

She's got a beard and feathered feet...she's hilarious when she runs! (Which she'll certainly do for treats.) She started squatting last week, and since then has not been difficult to pick up. Her feathers are also very soft.

Let me know if you are interested in her. We live near Green Bay.

2939_rainbow_bird.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Well, to me she sounds like a chicken version of a seagull if that helps. It's a raspy "gawwky" repeated call. None of my others have ever been half this vocal. On more land, it would probably be fine, but we have a small yard and the noise echoes off of the garage and bounces around the fenced walls of our immediate back yard.

I just want to be respectful of our neighbors because we like them all and I hope they'd be mutually respectful.

She will most likely go to the stewpot soon, unless I convince my husband to try free ranging her out in the larger part of our back yard.

Last edited:
Quote:
LOL, EllyMae...no sneaking anywhere with this one!

I would love to have your adorable hen. I just got my first birds this year and now have 26 total. 13 that are now laying and another 10 that will be this fall. I have a mix of brown and black birds, not sure exactly what breed as the hatchery i got them from just calls them brown and black. I only live about 40 minutes from you.

You are very welcome to have her! I really do like her, so I hope you will, too.

Would you like to meet someplace for a drop-off? I will send you a private message with our email address.

Edit: Oops, I see you have an email address, so I will send you a message there.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom