green discharge in goat

caninestc

Hatching
May 21, 2019
My matriarch goat has a green discharge and looks like her teats and bag are filling up there is no possible way she is pregnant suspect it may be vaginal infection what antibiotic should I use

Only a few antibiotics can be gotten over the counter now. You can try one. I probably would try penicillin first. A vet would be helpful in diagnosing the problem initially, and helping you use the correct one.

Are there ANY male goats anywhere near by? I have had people "swear" their goat can't be pregnant because the male goat is on the other side of the fence so unless there are absolutely NO intact males on the property, I would have a vet check for pregnancy. Where there is a will, there is a way. Where is the discharge coming from? Her vulva or her teats? You definitely need a vet.

I have a goat to she is 10m i also have a 9m male but im not sure if she has been mated but she had some yellow greenish discharge can any help me out what does it mean

The OP posted back in May. The tag on post at the beginning of October. Neither has returned since to this post, so more information could be obtained. Hopefully they both contacted a vet as they should have.

Back
Top Bottom