Green Eggs!

jimandcaitlin

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 10, 2014
I got a bunch of young (3-4 month old) mutts at at auction. It's getting really cold here, so I didn't expect any eggs until Spring. Today I went out to change their water and noticed two green eggs in the nesting box! What a great morning suprirse. Not so much a question, I'm just excited to figure out who my little green layer is. I'll post some pictures later and maybe get some ideas on who it might be.

**EDIT** Here are some pics I was able to snap of my flock. Obviously we have the one EE rooster, but anyone see a suspect for my green layer? **EDIT**

Last edited:
Some people call them olive Eggers.
1f60a.png

Look for a bird with a pea comb, that's your highest liklihood of laying colored eggs. Aren't the green eggs so cute?

They are so cute! I wasn't expecting that at all haha. None of our girls are clear EE's, which is why I don't know right away, but obviously someone has EE genes. I will try to get some pictures of the girls this afternoon (it's been so cold out that they have been hiding in the coop, but I'll try to bribe them with food so I can get some pics to upload. I really hope she keeps laying. I had resigned myself not to expect any eggs for the winter, so I was really excited this morning. I'll look for someone with a pea comb also.

I got a bunch of young (3-4 month old) mutts at at auction. It's getting really cold here, so I didn't expect any eggs until Spring. Today I went out to change their water and noticed two green eggs in the nesting box! What a great morning suprirse. Not so much a question, I'm just excited to figure out who my little green layer is. I'll post some pictures later and maybe get some ideas on who it might be.

**EDIT** Here are some pics I was able to snap of my flock. Obviously we have the one EE rooster, but anyone see a suspect for my green layer? **EDIT**

To me, this bird seems like the most likely green egg layer. However, I'm not certain.

Back
Top Bottom