Green fire farms

I can't order from them (won't ship to zip codes that are dry ice routes) but people who have them seem to think they're worth the prices
I don't think theyre worth the prices.
Trustworthy? Ya I'd say so. Ive gotten very minimal chicks from them and know a couple others that did as well.
You pay what they say. They send the chicks when they say. You get the chicks you ordered. So ya theyre not ripping anyone off that I've heard of.
My only issue is the expected quality most think theyre supplying. For the prices I would of thought the quality would of been better. Maybe thats just me.
They have a lock on selling certain rare or recently imported breeds. Some being the only option of finding them.
IMO those birds are a place to start but not a group of birds you can grow out and start breeding quality offspring right out of the gate.
I've found it a lot smarter option to wait a few years and then you can find a breeder that has put some selective breeding and needed culling into their program and will be offering better chicks for a lot better prices.
It'll take some work to find the good ones because the majority see buying the rare breeds as a get rich quick idea and they'll also have more concern with profits then improving the breed.
Just my 2 cents

I’ve had a similar experience. Customer service was easy to deal with they shipped exactly when they said they would and arrived at my residence on the date they said without a trip to post office.
Quality not what I wanted but they are what I ordered so I have no complaints.

I have the same experience as those above me. They ship when they say they will and send what you ordered. But they do sometimes lack in quality.

I've had good experiences with them. It depends on the breed you are ordering. I've had good luck with smaller breeders who have taken some of the rare imports from Greenfire and diligently worked with them to minimize the issues they might have being bred from such a limited gene pool. Some breeds, like the Deathlayer (which is very expensive) is an uphill project right now and it doesn't matter who you might find breeding them. In short, I've found that the popularity of chickens this past year has brought many people out of the woodwork and some of those are not honest, whereas Greenfire has been in business for a long time and isn't out to rip you off. Their customer service has also been better than some others with hard to find breeds. I'm trying to work with a couple of breeders right now and they are very unprofessional. Having been burned twice this past year by ignoring the red flags, I'm hesitant. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from Greenfire again and actually have already pre-ordered for spring

I've had good experiences with them. It depends on the breed you are ordering. I've had good luck with smaller breeders who have taken some of the rare imports from Greenfire and diligently worked with them to minimize the issues they might have being bred from such a limited gene pool. Some breeds, like the Deathlayer (which is very expensive) is an uphill project right now and it doesn't matter who you might find breeding them. In short, I've found that the popularity of chickens this past year has brought many people out of the woodwork and some of those are not honest, whereas Greenfire has been in business for a long time and isn't out to rip you off. Their customer service has also been better than some others with hard to find breeds. I'm trying to work with a couple of breeders right now and they are very unprofessional. Having been burned twice this past year by ignoring the red flags, I'm hesitant. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from Greenfire again and actually have already pre-ordered for spring
thank you

I have won several of their rare assortment auctions on rarebreedauctions and had amazing success with them. It's a great way to get some of their excellent chicks without the higher price per chick on their site. They are usually for a dozen chicks (but they always send a couple extras) and the auctions vary on what they end up closing for as far as $$, but I've won auctions for about $100-120 and gotten probably triple or more of that in value, when you go by their by-chick prices. They will sometimes do auctions for specific breeds on their as well.

I will also say they have excellent customer service!

If you search these forums, Greenfire *HAD* a very poor reputation as recently as just five years ago. Apparently, their set up (which on google maps still isn't very impressive) was quite poor, and they had some very substantial losses - which were then reflected in missed shipping dates, terrible customer service, and misidentified birds.

Encouraging to hear that they seemingly learned from that calamity and improved - as they are recipient of a substantial (for the size of their operation) PPP loan. Would be nice if it actually went to a good place and preserved jobs as intended.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/greenfire-farms-chick-survival-rate.1024474/

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/greenfire-farms-chicks.770509/#post-10984833

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...gs-from-greenfire-farms.729732/#post-10078363

and here is a post purporting to show part of their set up - the poster hasn't been active here since 2018.

I

Encouraging to hear that they seemingly learned from that calamity and improved - as they are recipient of a substantial (for the size of their operation) PPP loan. Would be nice if it actually went to a good place and preserved jobs as intended.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/greenfire-farms-chick-survival-rate.1024474/

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/greenfire-farms-chicks.770509/#post-10984833

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...gs-from-greenfire-farms.729732/#post-10078363

and here is a post purporting to show part of their set up - the poster hasn't been active here since 2018.
I would bet quite a bit has changed since eight years ago. They have quite a following on the auction site with an outstanding record. And my personal experience with them over multiple orders has been fabulous.

Also, how can you know how big their operation is now? Or how much they got from a PPP loan? They are held to the same terms as any other who has gotten one of those loans and must prove where and to whom it goes.

Back
Top Bottom