Green spot on her leg what can it be?

nakstk

Songster
8 Years
Sep 19, 2011
Kalama, Washington
I have a 10.5 week old Wellie girl that has had this green spot on her leg/foot since she was 3 weeks old. I thought maybe she had broken it some how but she has never limped, walked funny or even babied that leg. It doesn't seem to bother her at all. I am just wondering is it just something that happens?

I dont think so, but maybe. I have an EE with green legs. This is a Welsummer they are supposed to have yellow legs. They are hatchery birds and my other Wellie has little feather stubs on her feet. I am thinking it's just a Hatchery defect. I am hoping maybe someone has an idea of what it is if its not just a defect in the genes.
this is Phoebe at 3.5 weeks

this is her (up front) at 8 weeks

Phoebe at 10.5 weeks

One of my buff rock hens has a green patch on her leg. It doesn't seem to bother her and she is eating and drinking normally. It just came up. What could this be and what can I do about it? My other hens don't have it.

A bruise in a chicken sometimes looks green, but since she had it for 7-8 weeks, that may not be the answer. I wonder since this is an old thread if the original poster even found out what it was.

Back
Top Bottom