Green thumb is itching, anyone else?

Guess everyone is busy. Here's the girls doing some work so I can plant the raspberry plants I got in a trade for chickens. I dug it up some and dumped on some chicken cleanings and then some scratch for them to scratch it up.

I am working hard at the garden, but am behind, the weather keeps getting cold for one or two nights each week (freeze/frost warnings) not normal for us this late. So we are all playing russian roulette w/ our plants.

I think we're all having similar problems. My potatoes finally showed themselves so I topped them yesterday , and I put out some radicchio, never planted it before so well see how that goes.

Today is suppose to be almost 70 then back to colder weather all next week. Crazy!!

My mom has been gardening 30-40 years, she's in Europe.. she's going crazy with the weather. House full of seedlings that can't go outside.

We've had really warm weather here. My plants are finally starting to grow.. except for my tomatoes, I started them in february and they're still only an inch tall. Just can't get them to get bigger x_x But, the brassica are loving this weather.

I am considering putting in some blue berries along with the other things. Though I don't particularly care for them, but DW does.

Can anyone tell me when to prune Currants and Gooseberry bushes. My gooseberry plants are not doing so well. Should I fertilize them?

I am considering putting in some blue berries along with the other things. Though I don't particularly care for them, but DW does.

Can anyone tell me when to prune Currants and Gooseberry bushes. My gooseberry plants are not doing so well. Should I fertilize them?
Don't know about currants and gooseberries, we are a little to south for that, but on the blueberry front, yes plant them for your wife, if you make them into wine you might like them a little better. lol

Back
Top Bottom