greenfire farms and whitmore farm

I received my Jubilee Orpingtons from Greenfire Farms, they are beautiful and very healthy!. I highly recommend them. They are a very busy farm, Jenny always replys, it may take a couple of days. The stock they have is the best! I'm very happy with them.

What makes them worth it? Well, first I don't have to go to Sweden and try to import the stock. Second I don't have to hatch the eggs. Third, I don't have to raise them and take the risk of shipping them to god knows where. Fourth, it doesn't take me those years to develop a breeding flock to have the chickens grace my yard and fill my egg basket. I'm getting up there in years and wish to enjoy some chickens from my *ancestral homeland* before I die!! :)

It sounds like you are very happy with your experience then.
smile.png
I'm glad. I never called him to see what the difference in his birds are, because I discovered that they do not carry the type of marans I was looking for. If he is able to sell day-old chicks for that price, it is obvious that he is doing something that people like. In your case, it sounds like he carries a breed that is very difficult to find without importing. I did notice that they carry breeds I have never heard of, and the stock looks beautiful in the photos(in my limited knowledge of those breeds.) (People also advertise as selling descendants of his line, so the birds must be as beautiful to an expert as they appear to a novice.) It also sounds like, from this thread, he is very good to work with. I was looking at it more from the marans standpoint, and marans are much more readily available now from a number of people. (as opposed to a number of the other breeds.) Therefore there is no concern about going to some foreign country to get the birds from other sources. Perhaps the difference is that he imported parent stock and/or quality of feed, adherence to standards, or a combination of the above. Or perhaps it is simply because he has worked very hard to build a very good and trusted name for his farm. Regardless, kudos to him because it is obvious that he has passionate supporters who have purchased his birds and would gladly come back. Thanks for everyone's input.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom