greenfire farms and whitmore farm

Greenfire will normally respond in a timely manner...you could try pming him here on BYC, i think his user name is Stonehenged...Paul is a nice guy. If I got that user name wrong, hopefully someone else will come on here and give the correct username.

Quote:
I think it's stoneunhenged. Paul is indeed a nice guy. I got some Coronations from him 2 years ago. I believe he vacations in Montana from time to time (who wouldn't want to escape from Florida in July) so that could be why he hasn't responded yet.

My Swedish Flower chickens arrived. I ordered a trio and got 4. I think its an extra roo, but I'm happy. Birds are healthy appearing and curious. None the worse for being shipped. Thanks Greenfire!

Yes, but since I see other people talking about having Greenfire stock, I am assuming that other people think that, too. What I am wondering is what sets them apart from other breeders/birds. I'm sorry, I probably should have worded it that way to begin with. Are they that much closer to standards than other birds? Does he feed them all organically? I've seen other breeders who do those things, but I've never seen a day old chick sell for that much. What is so special about them??

Good questions but I think you may have to ask him about that. I am sure he will be happy to answer them. The only thing I can think of, for Greenfire, he has imported birds so it was very expensive to import and get some chicks out of them. I am sure they are very close to standards with a few faults which he can work with.

You don't have to buy the chicks at his price, you can find a few breeders that are using Greenfire Farm lines on their birds for a lot less and it is a hit or miss there. Probably not all that much different than Greenfire's original birds.

Back
Top Bottom