greenfire farms and whitmore farm

I ordered from Greenfire Farms, Light Sussex day old chicks. They arrived at 2-3 weeks old, 1 died in transit and it took 30 days after I paid to receive. Very little communication, no phone number listed. He said he emailed and called and never received either messages???? The chicks are beautiful so far and are doing well. I wasn't expecting older chicks, so it threw me for a loop when they arrived.

Otherwise, I am pleased with the birds so far. They are still young 4-5 weeks now, but are thriving. All are very docile and got along well with our other chicks.

You may or may not get the age that you order. Mine were just overnight and were to be 10 days old. Most were day old some a week old. Two were dead. Well packaged in a new Horizon box with plenty of food.

I have Welsummers from Whitmore farm. But I ordered them as hatching eggs. Beautiful eggs, nice -- but not perfect -- birds, good communication.

We have Coronation, Buff, and Light Sussex from Greenfire Farms and are very happy with the birds and Paul.

We have Delawares, Welsummers and Ameraucana from Whitmore. They were very friendly and easy to deal with. They shipped day olds and phoned when they were shipped with a tracking number. They shipped two extra Welsummer chicks and only 1 died, so we got a freebie. So on a customer service level, yes I would work with them again.

These are still very young birds, ugly adolescents, and I cannot speak to their show or breeder potential at this time. Also we are not terribly experienced with what to look for yet on the exhibition front.

One Welsummer seems to be a runt if that is possible with chickens, smaller than the rest and forgets to get out of the rain and has to be rescued to the brooder frequently. (maybe she just likes the brooder.) The other Welsummers are active and thrifty enough. I have a neighbor lined up to take some.

The Delawares are certainly filling out very fast, so their ad stating they breed for growthy birds appears to be true! They seem to enjoy making great leaps on both legs, like those dinosaurs from Jurassic Park. I will keep some of these fopr hatching eggs even if they are not "exhibition standard" as they grow so fast and should make more meat-type birds like themselves.

The Ameraucanas appear to be 1 blue/dark grey (pullet?), 1 splash/very light gray (pullet?) and three black with other color patches (at least one of these is a cockerel for sure) I assume the mixed spots on the black birds will be present in the adults so these individuals could not be shown as "Black" Ameraucanas? The beards and muffs do not appear to be pronounced, but these are young birds, I'm not sure if that changes as they get older.

I just took the leap and bought some Black Copper Maran chicks today. Took about 24hrs to get a response initially and it didn't address my question... but all worked out. James says he will send them tomorrow. I should have them Wed.

The chicks arrived today. I ordered 24 chicks and James sent 28. All were alive. They were packed well with fruit and bread. Which I was very happy to see due to the heat. From time of shipping to arrival was less than 24 hrs.

I have bought direct from Whitmore Farms, Awesome place to deal with, Mr.Will has a really great place and good looking stock, I have toured the place several times

Straight Forward and Honest

Back
Top Bottom