Greenhouse duck coop, can I make it work?

Weeg

Enabler
Jul 1, 2020
Small town in Western Washington
My Coop
My Coop
Hey guys! I have made a few threads in the past about fixing the mud problem in my duck coop. I'm adding greenery, hoping that will help absorb water, but have found that everyone with the most success has two areas to rotate the ducks through.
I found a way to make a second area, I'm thinking of making a neat fence around our garden, and using that as a second area. I won't cover it, so they will only be in that area when we are here all day, which is very often. Then, I can grow grass in the muddy coop, and rotate between areas so nothing gets muddy.
My biggest question is about the green house. I want to use that as the coop. So, right now, we have large plastic chunks surrounding ed a wood frame. The chunks are cracked, broken, and full of holes from years of age. If I replace all of the plastic, will that be enough protection from predators? I would do an inside layer of wire, but the weeds will climb that, weave between it, and be hard to keep down. Suggestions?
I'm very excited about this project, it will take some time and probably be at the end of the list, but eventually, hopefully this summer, I want to get that done. Thanks guys!

Pretty much any structure will work if its secure enough.
That is my exact question. How do I make it secure.
These are the plastic sheets we use for the sides-
1618197694140.png

According to Google its fiberglass actually, haha. Will this be stooge enough to ward off predators?

That is my exact question. How do I make it secure.
These are the plastic sheets we use for the sides-
View attachment 2611726
According to Google its fiberglass actually, haha. Will this be stooge enough to ward off predators?
Sure, there is wood cut to the wavy shape of the pannel, that will keep out weazles. Otherwise If its screwed down well should be fine.

@KaleIAm what do you think?
I think it is a good idea. I have a few concerns.

I have been in greenhouses made of that material before and they always were very humid and quite musty smelling. I'm not sure you'll be able to meet your ducks need for ventilation in a greenhouse.

My experience with that material is that it is rather brittle. I've read that raccoons have very strong hands. I don't know if they could pull at it and break it or not.

Finally, I agree about the digging predators. Coyotes are great diggers and we've got lots.

In conclusion, I think it has potential, but I don't feel confident.

Back
Top Bottom