Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Starlight Green Egger

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NinaO

Chirping
Oct 9, 2019
Cambridge NY
Hello! I ordered our ladies through Tractor Supply (Hoovers Hatchery) in late July. It was "Rare Choice" 10 Count and they came in the mail. We didn't know the what we actually had, but that has been half of the fun- discovering the breeds!

We are 100% sure on all but 2 of the girls. We know we have a few Salmon Favorelles, Light Brahmas, and Prairie Bluebell Eggers outside of the girls in question.

What we are wondering on is if we have 2 in an Olive Egger variety? So far we only have the 4 laying- the 2 Prairie Bluebell Eggers and the 2 in question. All 4 started laying at 5 months on the nose. The 2 more blue/gray feathered ladies give similar sized eggs to the Bluebell girls, but they have a more green hue. They are also the same appx size as the Bluebell Eggers.

I put it to you experts to tell me if I have! I attached a photo of a Prairie Bluebell Egger Egg next to one of the girls in question's eggs, along with photos of the 2 girls in question. Don't mind the Salmon Favorelle photobombing! (that seems to be their special talent, haha!)

Here is the list from the order of the breeds they "could" have been:
Barnevelder, Blue Andalusian, Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, Buff Brahma, Cochin, Columbian Wyandotte, Cuckoo Marans, Dark Brahma, Dominique, French Black Copper Marans, French Cuckoo Marans, French Wheaten Marans, Lavender Orpington, Light Brahma, Midnight Majesty Marans, Olive Egger, Prairie Bluebell Egger, Salmon Faverolle, Sapphire Olive Egger, Silver Lakenvelder, Speckled Sussex, Starlight Green Egger, and Welsummer.

Wondering if the blue ladies are possibly Olive Egger, Sapphire Olive Egger, or Starlight Green Egger. Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• 0F9FC56D-3957-4DB3-9F1D-BFD08262CC0B.jpg
    0F9FC56D-3957-4DB3-9F1D-BFD08262CC0B.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 00B4488E-348F-4241-9C70-A6675F76CD86.jpg
    00B4488E-348F-4241-9C70-A6675F76CD86.jpg
    614.4 KB · Views: 61
  • FA85DEA7-F0D6-4EF2-AA55-A1C5CE83D898.jpg
    FA85DEA7-F0D6-4EF2-AA55-A1C5CE83D898.jpg
    492.9 KB · Views: 62
Those are beautiful eggs! I don’t know why they keep giving Easter Eggers all these different names, makes it confusing!

Its the hatcheries trying to make more money off of the consumers. They're all just hybrids and crosses, made to lay a certain color. Its just like the 'designer' 'breeds' out there, like the pugle and golden doodle. They'll never breed true, they're just a first generation cross. And they sell.

Hello! I ordered our ladies through Tractor Supply (Hoovers Hatchery) in late July. It was "Rare Choice" 10 Count and they came in the mail. We didn't know the what we actually had, but that has been half of the fun- discovering the breeds!

We are 100% sure on all but 2 of the girls. We know we have a few Salmon Favorelles, Light Brahmas, and Prairie Bluebell Eggers outside of the girls in question.

What we are wondering on is if we have 2 in an Olive Egger variety? So far we only have the 4 laying- the 2 Prairie Bluebell Eggers and the 2 in question. All 4 started laying at 5 months on the nose. The 2 more blue/gray feathered ladies give similar sized eggs to the Bluebell girls, but they have a more green hue. They are also the same appx size as the Bluebell Eggers.

I put it to you experts to tell me if I have! I attached a photo of a Prairie Bluebell Egger Egg next to one of the girls in question's eggs, along with photos of the 2 girls in question. Don't mind the Salmon Favorelle photobombing! (that seems to be their special talent, haha!)

Here is the list from the order of the breeds they "could" have been:
Barnevelder, Blue Andalusian, Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, Buff Brahma, Cochin, Columbian Wyandotte, Cuckoo Marans, Dark Brahma, Dominique, French Black Copper Marans, French Cuckoo Marans, French Wheaten Marans, Lavender Orpington, Light Brahma, Midnight Majesty Marans, Olive Egger, Prairie Bluebell Egger, Salmon Faverolle, Sapphire Olive Egger, Silver Lakenvelder, Speckled Sussex, Starlight Green Egger, and Welsummer.

Wondering if the blue ladies are possibly Olive Egger, Sapphire Olive Egger, or Starlight Green Egger. Thanks for your help!
Those are beautiful eggs! I don’t know why they keep giving Easter Eggers all these different names, makes it confusing!

Back
Top Bottom