Greetings from a duck owner :)

DuckyDoodles

No Idea What The Duck I’m Doing ;)
Feb 11, 2018
Indiana
Hello! Just wanted to introduce myself as I am new to the forum. I’ve been a lurker for nearly 5-6 months now but never formally registered until now. I’ve got to say, BYC is one of, if not THE, best community and FAQ for poultry owners. So give yourselves some awesome credit; you guys are rocking it!

I’m new to duck ownership as I moved to a rural part of Indiana (originally in the city/capitol of Indy) and I’m dipping my toes into, or hoping to anyways, homesteading.

My home came with a Pekin and I had acquired 2 more Pekin’s in order to give her much overdue, necessary companionship. Recently lost the younger of the three (they’re all adult females) and I’ve now got the two and aim to get some hatchling Cayugas come early March.

I’m married, got a kid, dogs, battle scars and enough duck knowledge to be dangerous ::haha::

Nice meeting you all :)

Hello! Just wanted to introduce myself as I am new to the forum. I’ve been a lurker for nearly 5-6 months now but never formally registered until now. I’ve got to say, BYC is one of, if not THE, best community and FAQ for poultry owners. So give yourselves some awesome credit; you guys are rocking it!

I’m new to duck ownership as I moved to a rural part of Indiana (originally in the city/capitol of Indy) and I’m dipping my toes into, or hoping to anyways, homesteading.

My home came with a Pekin and I had acquired 2 more Pekin’s in order to give her much overdue, necessary companionship. Recently lost the younger of the three (they’re all adult females) and I’ve now got the two and aim to get some hatchling Cayugas come early March.

I’m married, got a kid, dogs, battle scars and enough duck knowledge to be dangerous ::haha::

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to sign up. There is also a homesteading thread and a whole section on gardening! Also lots of duck owners to yack with. So have fun, we look forward to seeing you on the site.

Thanks guys!

I’ve been a member of another homesteading site but, oddly, I’ve spent many more hours here on BYC than I have that site. Terrible member behavior, I know, but my winter months have been dominated with waterfowl issues/learning and haven’t yet had a chance to actually do anything around the property to really call myself a homesteader (at least that’s the excuse I’m using for my absence :p ).

I will, most definitely, check those out! Thanks :)

P.S. @JerryR708

You’re absolutely right; I got one duck with the house and within 2 months, the math happened and I had 3! ;)

Back
Top Bottom