Greetings from small town WA!

upserstar

Hatching
Aug 16, 2015
Hello - my name is Julie. I live near a small town called Darrington in Washington state. You may have heard about the massive landslide a couple years ago... That's my community :(
Anyway - I have finally bought my house and some land and am starting to get things in order to welcome chickens into my life. I've never had them so am excited to read more of your expertise!
I currently have five dogs, eight cats, and a number of pigeons. I work in hydro generation and power scheduling. I Lao love volleyball and crafty stuff.
Look forward to learning!

Hi :welcome Julie

Glad you could join the flock! How exciting for you to be getting your chicken adventures started :celebrate I'm sure you will enjoy the experience very much, it's a very rewarding and fun hobby to have. The learning centre is a great place to start for lots of super articles on getting started. Here is the link if you have not already checked it out ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Wishing you the very best of luck in the future. Be sure to ask any questions that you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Welcome Julie, I just joined today also, however I've been coming to the site for months reading and researching and planning. Everyone is very friendly and encouraging so I'm sure you'll find tons of useful tips and tricks. The learning center is a great place to start.

The girls... at about 4 months old

Welcome to BYC, Julie. Glad you decided to join our flock. X2 on Yorkshire coop; if you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center . There is loads of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting your chickens.

Nice to meet your Julie, hope you enjoy Backyard chickens as much as we do. Welcome to the flock
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom