Greetings from the Southwest! :D

MissLavender

Songster
5 Years
Sep 21, 2018
Clarkdale, Arizona
Hello all! My name is Valerie, and I live in northern Arizona. I like the questionnaire, and I think it's a good place to start, so here goes nothin!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am BRAND NEW to chickens, I just brought my first small flock home this past Wednesday (3 days ago).
(2) How many chickens do you have right now? I had planned on 7, but ended up with an unintentional 8th...a little blue Olive Egger that just tugged at my heartstrings too hard to leave her behind.

(3) What breeds do you have?
3 Blue Ameraucanas, 2 Black Copper Marans, 2 Dixie Rainbow Chickens and one Olive Egger, all hens. :)

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
In a google search looking for backyard chicken forums.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Permaculture, herbalism, sustainable living, natural horsemanship, and other similar things. :)

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have a wonderful partner and a 12 year old daughter, a sweet 14 year old American Pitbull Terrier named Saber, and 2 spoiled rotten house cats. Ha!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I found BYC via Google search, and have been following this forum for about 3 months now. I finally decided to join so that I could receive and share knowledge with this wonderful community. :)

:frow Valerie!
sSig_welcome3.gif

Welcome Valerie to BYC and congrats on your new flock.

On this link you'll find lots of information on almost every aspect of keeping birds - from coop building ideas, to incubating eggs - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/

There’s a link on the page above to the Learning Centre - it’s a great resource. If you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

Each week, various topics are discussed, which can also be a great resource - https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/topic-of-the-week-thread-archives

This is a useful link of BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3 (there's a guide on how to include your location under your avatar, which will be helpful).

Best wishes
Pork Pie

Back
Top Bottom