Grey Sizzle Silkie rooster

AHappychick

Wanna-be Farmer
11 Years
Dec 16, 2008
westchester
For sale beautiful Gray Sizzle Rooster. This guy is over a year old with Mulberry colored comb and very large vaulted scull and huge crest. He is so fluffy it is AMAZING!!! he is certainly the nicest male sizzle I have ever hatched out. I have to keep downsizing or i would keep him for my own breeding projects. He has nice type and great feet with heavy feathering.

he is so Fluffy it is hard to see his face
smile.png

graysizzle1.jpg

graysizzle3.jpg

graysizzle4.jpg

graysizzle5.jpg

graysizzle2.jpg

just look how fluffy he is!

graysizzlefeathering.jpg

Great Feet!

GraySizzlefeet.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
believe it or not even though the wind was blowing I did not use any of those pics cause he did not even look like a chicken in those pics just a ball of fluff. he is actually this fluffy with no wind.!

Quote:
you can not breed a sizzle with a sizzle the result would be a double copy of the "frizzling " gene and will result in a chicken with brittle feathers. Often these feathers break and the chicken is unable to regulate body temp and does not live long.

Breeding a sizzle to a regular featherd silkie will result in 50% sizzles and 50% non sizzled.

What is nice about having a Sizzle rooster is that all of your silkie hens bred with him will hatch out more sizzles so you get a lot more having a sizzle roo in the flock that will breed with all rather than one sizzle hen.
I think this boy will produce very nice silkies and sizzles provided he is paired with dark skinned small combed hens. he already has great type, crest, beard and fluff factor.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom