Grey squirrel

Pekin747

Songster
Feb 20, 2019
Ireland
R they dangerous to hens or ducks
I can legal get ride of they r a threat but I wont set traps or anything if they r harmless to hens and ducks

grey squirrels might carry fleas or lice. they will not attack the chickens.

There is an organization, department, that would like to know about the squirrel. sorry i can't remember the name of it but it is asked that grey squirrel be reported, along with red one. as you probably already are aware, the grey squirrel is a threat. with the resurgence of the pine martin, red squirrels are able to regain some of their natural habitat. grey squirrels also do significant damage to certain indigenous trees.

www.woodlandmammals.com by emailing [email protected].

i took this off an irish times article from online.

Definitely not a threat to the Birds. I have lots around here and my Cat hunts them. They never get into my pens though..
Ok I dont have a lot of cata but therea a few wild ones

There is an organization, department, that would like to know about the squirrel. sorry i can't remember the name of it but it is asked that grey squirrel be reported, along with red one. as you probably already are aware, the grey squirrel is a threat. with the resurgence of the pine martin, red squirrels are able to regain some of their natural habitat. grey squirrels also do significant damage to certain indigenous trees.

Yea I know they r getting rarer here I going to contact them and see what I can do about it
Cheers for all the advise

Oh and that website isnt working the woodland one

I've reported they said caus of the high number of red squirrels try and trap it and they will take it and basically get ride of it but if I catch a red squirrels I'm to look for a small tag and if I cant see one let them.know and they will I'm assuming tag and number it or sonothing like that

Yes I was certain that they are counting red squirrels. I think they are so beautiful. Hope you catch the grey one or are able to end its life sadly but they are a invasive non-indigenous rodent. Let me know if you catch the grey one!
Will do ove just been briefed on how to catch it it's a long process but at the end of the day a rodent is a rodent I'm not allowed to.shoot it oddly enough as where it was seen there is a protection area for hawks and u can only use libe traps I was really disappointed by this

Back
Top Bottom