Grey squirrel

I bet. They are probed concerned you might miss the squirrel and hit the hawk. If you are a good aim, I'd go for it, more humane in some ways. How do you dispose if it once you've trapped it? Shoot it in the trap?

grey squirrels might carry fleas or lice. they will not attack the chickens.

There is an organization, department, that would like to know about the squirrel. sorry i can't remember the name of it but it is asked that grey squirrel be reported, along with red one. as you probably already are aware, the grey squirrel is a threat. with the resurgence of the pine martin, red squirrels are able to regain some of their natural habitat. grey squirrels also do significant damage to certain indigenous trees.

www.woodlandmammals.com by emailing [email protected].

i took this off an irish times article from online.
Definitely not a threat to the Birds. I have lots around here and my Cat hunts them. They never get into my pens though..
20190629_212823.jpg

I have so many Gray Squirrels around here lately. I usually shoot them to keep the numbers down on our property but they are everywhere. They can be destructive. They ate the windshield washer tubing on our truck. What a pain it was replacing it. The ate almost through both ends of the cable wires at the telephone poles to our cable TV. This was one end of the wire. I'm on the hunt again.
IMG_20190109_161656.jpg

Congrats on trapping him/her! well done. I have some friends with grey squirrel out by them but they aren't to bothered. I wish they would trap them.
Will you put it down yourself?
I rang them back there and they said I can if I like or if I dont I can bring it into them so that was fine put the cage in the boot and rang them to let them know I was on the way and they said did I want the bill emailed to me and I was like what bill they said if u want to get him put down by them I'd have to pay and I hung up and shoot it very quick and I put it a while there
Should I set the cage again caus ei was thinking if theres one could there be multiple just hiding when they hear me?

I have so many Gray Squirrels around here lately. I usually shoot them to keep the numbers down on our property but they are everywhere. They can be destructive. They ate the windshield washer tubing on our truck. What a pain it was replacing it. The ate almost through both ends of the cable wires at the telephone poles to our cable TV. This was one end of the wire. I'm on the hunt again.
View attachment 1830297
Mink and rat traps with peanut butter u do t even need to cover the cage If u put a lock on the entrance of the trap and quit a bit on the trigger u cant go wrong the worst that could happen. is ud catch other vermins lol

I rang them back there and they said I can if I like or if I dont I can bring it into them so that was fine put the cage in the boot and rang them to let them know I was on the way and they said did I want the bill emailed to me and I was like what bill they said if u want to get him put down by them I'd have to pay and I hung up and shoot it very quick and I put it a while there
Should I set the cage again caus ei was thinking if theres one could there be multiple just hiding when they hear me?
if there was one grey squirrel there probably is another. Maybe wait and see if another one appears? Or try again, same spot and see what happens.

Yes the vet in the village charges 25€ flat rate for euthanasia an animal. I don't mind. It sad putting critters down when it's due to the irresponsibility of humans.

View attachment 1830297
Saucey little rodent. I grew up with my dad shooting squirrel out of the back yard. With the decreased use of pesticides the natural predators are back. When I was home last I watched a Harrier Hawkgrab a squirrel off the front sidewalk. sad but, wild.

Some people do but there are a lot more around than people can eat. I wish the predators would take some of the squirrels. I think they introduce lice and mites to the flocks.

Back
Top Bottom