Greyfields Greyt Adventures in England

We ended up having the gammon during the match. They were cut 1" thick. It was pork heaven. I'll need some bacon to wash it down with this morning.

I think Ms. Marple was really a serial killer and she just framed all those other people. It's mroe enjoying for me to watch it with that premise in my head. Someday they'll catch the old witch.... someday...

We'll be dining here on Thursday we think:

http://www.thestaratharome.co.uk/star_menu.pdf

We are gastro-tourists. It's a nice story, really. All the meats and dairy are sourced for the restaurant in the immediate vicinity. They even had to open their own butcher in Helmsley in order to process for their restaurant. Doing something like that is my dream. But in the meantime, it's nice to support people creating ethical restaurant models like that.

I would like to order the following please:-

Grilled Black Pudding etc

Pan Fried Leckenby Rump Steak (medium rare)

Ginger Parkin.....

a good bottle of claret...........

The menu is fantastic! now you really are a Jammy devil!!

Quote:
My MIL (from Huddersfield) is staying with us at present. I printed out your menu... see if I can make her homesick. She's been in the states for 50 years with only 3 trips back since then.

We make parkin every year for bonfire night.
tongue.png

But, I will give the edge to Yorkshire Brack if I had my choice.

I'm tempted by the pigeon, too, never having had it. I like duck which is a dark meat.

I just realized thursday is new year's day, so probably'll di it another night.

I am glad you are having a wonderful time - except for Miss Marple, the serial killer.
smile.png

Reading your posts makes me want to return.

Well, okay. I want to return even w/o reading your posts!

Back
Top Bottom