Grilled chicken & spinach Alfredo?

ZoeS95423

Songster
8 Years
Apr 17, 2011
Does anyone know how to make this recipe? A quick simple one,
whether its 2 seperate recipes and I can make my own change to it, to make them combine or not. Would love to have a special dinner this weekend.

Thank YOu

I looked at this title and immediately the words of an old chef mentor of mine came into my head: keep it simple Michael, don't dress it up like you're burying it.
Let the merits of each dish stand on their own: make a wonderful Alfredo with fettucine, lovely grilled chicken and serve the spinach either as a small side salad (with oranges and toasted walnuts) or soak it and quickly sear it in a very hot wok with a little crush garlic. Three awesome items all at their prime. If the kids want to mess it all into one dish let them.

You mean something like this............... ??

10364_img_0559.jpg

Quote:
Well I don't have the recipe written down, it's all in my head as I have been making it for years. If your handy in the kitchen it's a snap really. So hear it is.

Pasta.............
you can use any type of store bought Fettichini pasta or make your own fresh as I do cause it only takes a few miutes and makes a world of difference. For homemade pasta just follow any basic pasta recipe as it is only egg's and flour and you can use a pasta press or cut them by hand either way.

Chicken............. use chicken breast cut into strips and seasoned with salt, pepper, and a dash of the italian trio of Oregano, sweet basil, and fresh cut parsley. brush with olive oil and sprinkle the seasoning on, then grill until it has the telltale brown crispy edges. Cut into chunks or however you wish.

Sauce............. The secret to good alfredo sauce is heavy good cream and good real salted butter, not lite this or that or imitation.
heat a stick of butter until melted on low pour in the cream about 2 cup's or more, add fresh grated Pamisan cheese I use about a 1/2 cup, simmer on low until it starts to set or thickin this may take a few minutes as you have to do this on a low temp, stirring often........ do not leave the sauce unattended for anytime.

Spinach........... I use only the fresh frozen chopped spinach, it has more flavor and the color is bright and fresh, do not use canned spinach what so ever. thaw in a collander over cold water drain and squeeze out all of the water very well, if not your sauce will be runny and thin.

Mix and plate............ when the pasta is done to a tad more than Al-dente drain and return to the hot pot off the stove, break up the spinach and lightly mix into pasta, pour in the sauce just enough to coat it as you like and add more or less as you prefer. mix it well but do not bruise the pasta. plate with the chicken on top.............. WA- LA........... I also serve it with a must have crusty Italian bread freshetta as pictured and topped with cut roma tomato's. there you have it, serve with any red or rose non sweet wine of your liking.

AL

Last edited:
Quote:
Dang it I forgot that see I do better when I am left in my kitchen by myself LOL. I will go back and edit the post to include it, thanks for keeping me straight.

I ended up making some, just as a whatever kind of thing, expected the sauce and noodles to turn out bad, But everyone loved it!

I saute'd the baby spinach lease, with butter, garlic, and onion.
Baked the chicken ( had no propane for the grill...
sad.png
) with some spices on it.
boiled the noodles,

then I added the alfredo sauce, and lots of extra shredded up cheese, because the Bf always wants more cheese in everything :p

I then took a "slop chop" cutting thing, and chopped up the chicken with it, and just mixed it in.
It was pretty good, if I must say so myself.

Back
Top Bottom