Grocery store eggs series 2021

Pics

Xouie

Crowing
Jun 11, 2020
SF Bay Area
Starting tomorrow I’m going to try incubating a variety of eggs from grocery stores in my area. First will be chicken, then duck, then quail. (I know the chicken eggs are unremarkable, and it’s been done before, but we’re trying to keep things interesting around here, and the kiddo’s request was to try these.)

So starting off this venture will be:

Species: chicken
Brand: Happy Eggs
Type: Brown and Blue Heritage
Store: Lucky supermarket in Alameda
Purchase by date: January 1

Expectation: very low, as even if some are fertile the eggs traveled over 1000 miles and were refrigerated for an unknown amount of time prior to purchase.
C7963A5B-F90A-4F96-A664-21C33943CE5D.jpeg

A6C7D428-D233-486D-81F1-7772ECBA8760.jpeg

I plan to do a candling update around day 7.

Starting tomorrow I’m going to try incubating a variety of eggs from grocery stores in my area. First will be chicken, then duck, then quail. (I know the chicken eggs are unremarkable, and it’s been done before, but we’re trying to keep things interesting around here, and the kiddo’s request was to try these.)

Expectation: very low, as even if some are fertile the eggs traveled over 1000 miles and were refrigerated for an unknown amount of time prior to purchase.
View attachment 2469045

View attachment 2469040

Good Luck! @Xouie :)

View attachment 2469045

View attachment 2469040

Good luck with your project! So much fun!😊

Following! I plan to try the Heritage Breeds also after my current hatch finishes up. I live very close to the Happy Egg farms so hoping they will be very fresh!! Did you crack any open to see if they looked fertile? I’m going to buy some for eating and check them out!

I decided to go for it and incubate the whole dozen. My flawed logic that $8 is a frightful price for eating eggs, but not bad for a dozen pretty hatching eggs.

Back
Top Bottom