Grocery store eggs series 2021

Pics
Most don’t keep roosters with their hens for grocery store eggs. I have seen other posts where some stores sold fertile eggs like Trader Joe’s (they said ‘fertile’ on the egg carton) in the grocery for consumption, and there was some success hatching a few chicks out of a carton of those refrigerated eggs! The Trader Joe’s local to me here in Ohio does not carry them tho, nor does the Whole Foods store ( I checked LOL 😂)

That’s super sad! Guess we won’t be doing mystery Joe eggs any time soon😢

I’m so excited!! :weeGoing to follow this thread to the end! :pop

Last edited:
This is what I’m seeing on day 22:
7A2E8303-81DC-49E7-9369-AC90ABFC757B.jpeg

D526EDF5-37CB-4320-A5B9-C9C5CB85BAF0.jpeg

All four are still going strong, I’m just showing a couple. Do these guys look on track for a 28-day hatch? Maybe I’m wishing in my secret heart that they’re really muscovies in disguise. ;)

They look great to me. Since I only have the 1 hatch with duck eggs I won't guess if they're on track, early, or late. But they're certainly coming along nicely.

I did notice on my batch they started dip down, shadowing, super early. One started on a Tuesday evening, the rest on Wednesday for a Friday-Saturday external pip and hatching on Sunday (Easter).

This is what I’m seeing on day 22:
View attachment 2503454
View attachment 2503455
All four are still going strong, I’m just showing a couple. Do these guys look on track for a 28-day hatch? Maybe I’m wishing in my secret heart that they’re really muscovies in disguise. ;)
Maybe because they were refrigerated so long that they needed an extra day or two to get going. Just a guess.

This is my favorite thread. Makes me wanna buy some eggs from another backyarder. But I don’t know a thing about raising eggs. Learning a lot from you tho.
Hatching is really awesome. I love being there when they first wiggle out. (I stayed up all night with my first coturnix quail hatch!) When you decide to go for it (especially with an incubator), there’s a lot of sources for you to research and ask questions before, during, and afterward. Nobody knows everything, but you’ll feel better being prepared.

Back
Top Bottom