Grooooosss......is this normal?!

I keep mine on a 75% vegetables and 25% animal diet. I feed them worms and crickets sometimes.
however, mouse sounds kinda gross
sickbyc.gif

I liked the idea of having them for natural pest control,but after today I am 1 step closer to becoming a vegetarian!

clap.gif
That's great! One less mouse. My month old chicks caught a baby frog the other night! They are in the garage in a cage and I leave a 40 watt light on them at night just to keep the chill out. (Been cold here still) and I went out to close everyone up and I thought that they were fighting over poop. On ferther inspection, I saw it was a baby toad. Must have come in from outside because of the light. Wanted to warm up I guess. Poor unsuspecting little little guy! Got eaten my a "terradactal" trying to get warm.
lau.gif

Chickens are nothing but little t-rex's, with feathers. Trying to keep them on a vegetarian diet is doing a great disservice to them. They're omnivores and have no problem eating meat, even chicken.

Aw I wish mine would do that! I have this family of rats living in the barn that cause no end of trouble, and my chickens don't touch them. If anything, they're afraid! I would be so happy if they would get rid of those stupid rats!
he.gif
barnie.gif

Interesting. Wonder if that's why there are no mice in my grain container this spring. This year I've let the hens roam around that section of the yard, where there is typically an issue. But not this year. Hmmm...

Quote:
They won't eat rats--actually rats can be harmful to the chickens! You need a good terrier--preferably a Parson Russell or Jack Russell--they are super rat killers!

Mice can be a real problem in certain areas/ times of the year. My cats will catch them and play with the little pests. But rarely eats them. My chooks will catch and swallow them. I say as long as the population doesn't get out of hand, it is a nice way of having checks and balances.

Back
Top Bottom