Ground Hog's Day Hatch

I'm in. I'll be setting calls though, so I'll be a few days behind. I do have geese that should be closer to hatching on the 2nd though, and if I have room I'll through in some quail too.
big_smile.png

Eggs have arrived and are in the bator and will be coming up to temp soon.

I put 4 rows of 7 each plus 6 stacked for a total of 34 in my Octogon 20 advance EX.

C'mon February!

2 of my african goose eggs have veining! I'll give the other 2 another day or so at least. I also have 3 roman tufted geese set on monday night, hope to see development by this weekend in those. I have my 24 calls due to arrive tomorrow. I also have about a dozen quail eggs in there, but those are from my birds who are young and fertility isn't very good, so who knows if they'll hatch. All in a little lg still air, lol. Going to be crowded in there for awhile.
big_smile.png

2 of my african goose eggs have veining! I'll give the other 2 another day or so at least. I also have 3 roman tufted geese set on monday night, hope to see development by this weekend in those. I have my 24 calls due to arrive tomorrow. I also have about a dozen quail eggs in there, but those are from my birds who are young and fertility isn't very good, so who knows if they'll hatch. All in a little lg still air, lol. Going to be crowded in there for awhile.
big_smile.png

Have you had troubles hatching different varieties of poultry at the same time in the same bator???

Have you had troubles hatching different varieties of poultry at the same time in the same bator???

No, I dry incubate and just raise the humidity to around 65-75 when I have external pips for everyone. I also take out the goose eggs and mist them. Quail need about the same humidity as waterfowl though. I have more problems with always having staggered hatches going on so no one really gets lockdown, I just stop turning while there's external pips.

Back
Top Bottom