Ground Hog's Day Hatch

I removed the egg turner at day 18. 8 of my 10 fertile eggs hatched on the early side. However, two seemed destined to hatch right on day 21. However, one pipped and then stayed in the egg. The other never pipped.

If you remember back, I thought the floor of my incubator seemed much colder than the temp in the turner.

I sort of got the feeling that the 8 were completely developed when they were moved to the colder floor, but the other 2 weren't--and the cooler environment kept them from doing their final development.

I think I may hatch in egg cartons next time (like mahonri says) to raise up the eggs to the warmer air.

I've got my first pip!!!
wee.gif
So excited!!!

My hatch is complete. I got 11 EO's to hatch and one LF Partridge Wyandotte. Not bad out of 15 shipped eggs. I love looking in the brooder and seeing these precious little creatures. I've really enjoyed reading all the posts in this thread! Thanks for letting me hatch-along folks. Congrats to all of you and your little fuzzies, and here's to a great start to Spring 2012!!!

AprongStrings over and out.

My BBS Orp eggs were scheduled to be delivered today...but mail lady had no packages for me! Tried the tracking number but the last entry was dated the 6th. Called the Post Office and they 'looked around' but didn't find it. He told me "well Priority Mail usually takes 2 to 3 days" and I explained the delivery date showed it would be here by the 8th and there had been no updates on tracking for 2 days...to which he replied "Yeah that is kind of weird. Well we'll keep our eye out for it tomorrow and give you a call back".
I hope they haven't lost my eggs! Guess I'm just out the money if they did....
barnie.gif

That same exact thing just happened to me. The tracking was entered on the 4th showing delivery on the 6th ... Well there were NO UPDATES .... Sunday(5th) or Monday(6th) when pkg was due. I thought for sure the eggs were sitting in the Post Office abandoned or lost somewhere.... Well yesterday(7th) all of a sudden the tracking showed them in my town but to be delivered today(8th)!!! Well much to my surprise when I got home last night the eggs were there waiting for me!!!! Just a day late..... SO what I learned is the post office is not updating their tracking very well these days.... and they seem to be running a day late! I'm so excited I can set my eggs tonight for a LEAP YEAR hatch!!!! I didn't plan that at all.....
celebrate.gif

I just got my first chick to hatch!
wee.gif
It's soooo cute, wish I could just reach in and scoop it up and hold it, but I know I can't....yet. This is going to be one spoiled rotten bird! Got another egg pipping and can't keep my eyes off the bator, starting to get a sore neck from hovering over it. Bet I don't get any sleep tonight!

My camera is a piece of junk but got a couple of pics to share:

It looks like it's trying to get back in the eggshell! Smart bird!
smile.png

So far I have 2 chicks out and at least 2 more pipping! Had to take a little nap earlier and let my daughter keep an eye on the bator...knew I'd probably be up all night
caf.gif

Back
Top Bottom