Ground Hog's Day Hatch

I'm up supervising hatching too HereInOz.
The last of the chicken eggs just hatched, actually it was one right after the other with the last three. I've got two BLRW, three ameraucanas, and two OEGB, and 20+ quail.
I dont know as if the last quail eggs will do anything, but I have more quail eggs due next week.

I'm up supervising hatching too HereInOz.
The last of the chicken eggs just hatched, actually it was one right after the other with the last three. I've got two BLRW, three ameraucanas, and two OEGB, and 20+ quail.
I dont know as if the last quail eggs will do anything, but I have more quail eggs due next week.

Wow! Congrats, sounds like you're doing great with your hatch! I've only got 3 Lav Orps so far and another pipping now...and I hope it hurries up cause my eyelids are slamming shut.
th.gif

Still running on no sleep...the egg that pipped over 6 hours ago still hasn't hatched and I'm beginning to wonder if it may need help. I can see it's beak and it's breathing normally with no signs of distress so I'll leave it be for now. My humidity must be ok cause the other three birds hatched with no problems. No other pips so it looks like I'll probably end up with 4 chicks (if this last one finally hatches).
Got my BBS Orp eggs today
celebrate.gif
, will set them tomorrow after I clean out the bator!

Congrats, pplz~

HereInOz, I still hope you get at least 5!

I have 12 still, with 2 sickly ones that'll probably die.

I got my incubator parts yesterday, and fixed up my old-style hovabator! Works like a charm~~~!

My Valentines day hatch is due in5 days! How coolz that?

I've got a quail that doesn't look so hot. It's the one that zipped but still had it's yolk out. I've not seen it eat, and it's tough to get it to swallow the nutracal, it is drinking the save-a-chick though. I've got a sleepy wyandotte chick too, it eats the nutracal with vigor though.
HereInOz, I hope your pipped one is doing okay.

Thanks kellyn & Dingo! Sure hope your chicks pull through. Still waiting on the one pip, he seems to be making a little progress on his own. And I have a new pip! So you may be right, kellyn, if all goes well I may end up with 5! Course I know the chances of all of them making it are slim but I have high hopes
fl.gif

And then there were 5!!!
jumpy.gif
Thanks kellyn for your vote of confidence, I was not nearly so optimistic. Had to help the last two out of their shells....I was so nervous about doing that! They were both ready to come out though and one may have been in there too long. He's a little weak and keeps falling over on his back, but he's eating and drinking so only time will tell. Well, that concludes my extended Groundhog Day hatch. Thanks to all of you for the support and hope all your little chickies are doing great!

And then there were 5!!!
jumpy.gif
Thanks kellyn for your vote of confidence, I was not nearly so optimistic. Had to help the last two out of their shells....I was so nervous about doing that! They were both ready to come out though and one may have been in there too long. He's a little weak and keeps falling over on his back, but he's eating and drinking so only time will tell. Well, that concludes my extended Groundhog Day hatch. Thanks to all of you for the support and hope all your little chickies are doing great!

Congratz on the five little fuzz butts!
wee.gif

I woke up this morning to the quail that didn't absorb it's yolk dead. I think it got stuck on its back and over heated, it wasn't eating anyway and was getting skinny so I doubt it would have lived much longer anyway. the sleepy chicken however is eating today and walking around with the others!

Thanks Dingo! Sorry about your quail, sounds like you were doing everything you possibly could to keep it going. As tiny as they are, seems quail would be much harder to raise than chickens.

Congratz on the five little fuzz butts!
wee.gif

I woke up this morning to the quail that didn't absorb it's yolk dead. I think it got stuck on its back and over heated, it wasn't eating anyway and was getting skinny so I doubt it would have lived much longer anyway. the sleepy chicken however is eating today and walking around with the others!

As suspected.... I believe I have had an unsuccessful first attempt at incubating! I am at day 31 of what should have been a 28 day hatch (power outage for over 24 hrs late hatch).

I returned home last night from 2 days away for work to no news. Candled today and I can see one definite bad egg. Two of the other have gone visibly grey and patchy on the outside and the other one has nothing but darkness and an air sac with no sign of anything.

I may eggtopsy.. I just need to build up the nerve!

Back
Top Bottom