Ground Hog's Day Hatch

19-20 days remaining until hatch! Wahoo!

Which means only 20 more days until Groundhog's Day which is the day the Easter Hatchalong Thread is also born!! I can hardly wait to join in the fun!!!

wee.gif

I am hoping to get some cool eggs tomorrow at the Northeastern Poultry Congress so that I can join in. I drove my 13 yr old up here to Massachusetts and all he can think about is what eggs we may be able to bring home....he's not the only one!

Wish me luck at the silent auction tomorrow and tell me it's not too late to join in.

I am hoping to get some cool eggs tomorrow at the Northeastern Poultry Congress so that I can join in. I drove my 13 yr old up here to Massachusetts and all he can think about is what eggs we may be able to bring home....he's not the only one!
Wish me luck at the silent auction tomorrow and tell me it's not too late to join in.

It better not be too late, I'm getting my eggs on Sunday!
big_smile.png

Be carefull on the roads, they're not the nicest with the wind drifting the snow.

hi guys! Count me in too!
jumpy.gif

This is my first post in the new world... I was stalking the site hourly when it was down for the upgrade.. but then I had an unexpected house guest for a few days!!

I have 10 guinea fowl eggs & 7 duck eggs in my bator atm. I popped them in on Thursday night. I'll be a little behind some of you being duck eggs and all.... so those that are late getting their eggs don't need to feel so bad! It won't quite be a groundhog day hatch for me.. but close enough and not quite valentines day!

It's my first time and I am using a home made bator. I really don't anticipate much success but there is no harm in having a red hot go!!!

I got given the eggs by a friend who has even less of an idea about incubators than me!.... The duck eggs were meant to be within 5 days of being laid... but the guinea fowl eggs were 2 weeks old. I candled them all prior to setting them and set the freshest 10 guinea fowl eggs based on airsac size. I'm not sure if they are even any good!

Can't wait to candle them to see whether there is any 'action'!

Looks like we'll be having chicks hatch from the 31st through the 4th and beyond.

Just keep us updated!

hi guys! Count me in too!
jumpy.gif

This is my first post in the new world... I was stalking the site hourly when it was down for the upgrade.. but then I had an unexpected house guest for a few days!!

I have 10 guinea fowl eggs & 7 duck eggs in my bator atm. I popped them in on Thursday night. I'll be a little behind some of you being duck eggs and all.... so those that are late getting their eggs don't need to feel so bad! It won't quite be a groundhog day hatch for me.. but close enough and not quite valentines day!

It's my first time and I am using a home made bator. I really don't anticipate much success but there is no harm in having a red hot go!!!

I got given the eggs by a friend who has even less of an idea about incubators than me!.... The duck eggs were meant to be within 5 days of being laid... but the guinea fowl eggs were 2 weeks old. I candled them all prior to setting them and set the freshest 10 guinea fowl eggs based on airsac size. I'm not sure if they are even any good!

Can't wait to candle them to see whether there is any 'action'!

welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom