Ground Hog's Day Hatch

Well, I found 2 call eggs today with little cracks so I took them out and cracked them open. I know they are fertile for sure now, they had big old bullseyes after a day of incubation. I went ahead and candled the rest to make sure I didn't miss anymore, and I have one with 2 yolks and 2 blobs in the yolks. Guess I get to try incubating twins.
smile.png

Well, I found 2 call eggs today with little cracks so I took them out and cracked them open. I know they are fertile for sure now, they had big old bullseyes after a day of incubation. I went ahead and candled the rest to make sure I didn't miss anymore, and I have one with 2 yolks and 2 blobs in the yolks. Guess I get to try incubating twins.
smile.png

It's possible, but the success rate is low. I've known a person here on BYC who had two double yolkers and ended up with 3 live chicks. They were BLRWs. Once one pips, you usually have to help the both out. Sometimes you have to pip for them.

It's possible, but the success rate is low. I've known a person here on BYC who had two double yolkers and ended up with 3 live chicks. They were BLRWs. Once one pips, you usually have to help the both out. Sometimes you have to pip for them.

I don't have very high hopes for it, but since it's in there I might as well try.
smile.png
I need to get my batteries charged for my camera so I can take pictures as it progresses, just in case they make it. Would be kind of neat.

Ok, we're back in Philly, where we belong. I'm officially changing my son's name to 'Enabeler'. We were going to hatch 12 Blue Orpingtons, we now have 30 eggs in and he's trying to convince me that the incubator needs to be full in order to run correctly. This is an urban myth... Right?

I'm so glad so many others are trickling in too - friends don't let friends hatch alone.

Ok, we're back in Philly, where we belong. I'm officially changing my son's name to 'Enabeler'. We were going to hatch 12 Blue Orpingtons, we now have 30 eggs in and he's trying to convince me that the incubator needs to be full in order to run correctly. This is an urban myth... Right?
I'm so glad so many others are trickling in too - friends don't let friends hatch alone.

Of course it needs to be full in order to maintain correct temperature. Listen to your son, he knows what he's talking about.
wink.png

Oh, and Dingo, thanx- roads were not bad at all. But the traffic in New York City was horrendous. We sat for an hour before the George Washington Bridge - I was sure we'd run out of gas waiting for the cars to start moving again. How is it that you can not travel to the Northeast without going THROUGH the city of New York? I really need to get myself a good old fashioned paper map, and ditch the GPS.

Back
Top Bottom