Ground Hog's Day Hatch

Hello everyone!
frow.gif
Can I join in? I set 24 eggs on Thursday the 12th. I just found this thread. I am having a hard time adjusting to the new format. I will have to go back to the beginning to read and catch up. I have 15 BBS Eng. Orp eggs and 9 barnyard mixes. I had such a bad NYD hatch, I am hoping for a better hatch rate this time.

Hello everyone!
frow.gif
Can I join in? I set 24 eggs on Thursday the 12th. I just found this thread. I am having a hard time adjusting to the new format. I will have to go back to the beginning to read and catch up. I have 15 BBS Eng. Orp eggs and 9 barnyard mixes. I had such a bad NYD hatch, I am hoping for a better hatch rate this time.

frow.gif
I hope this hatch is better for you!

Hello everyone!
frow.gif

WELCOME! The more, the merrier!!!

Did I say I can't wait to candle on Sunday!?!?!?

I... reeeeally want a standard feather legged rooster... well, preferably, I would loooove to get some eggs from someone and hatch some chicks. Right now, I'm so desperate I don't care if they all turn out to be males and are mixed with funky colors~. I just want a fuzzy footed rooosteeer!
And some non-leghorn or bantam variety white, plymouth, or buff chicks. I have my old lady buffy, whose almost six. She's all I ever had~ I originally had her and her sister, but she died in summer of 2007.
I'd like to give silkies another try as well... bc everyone on here just about loves theirs to death and say they're the perfectest of mothers.
I apologize for the randomness... but breeds i'd love are and feather legged breeds that aren't bantam or brahma; light coloured heavies, and a couple of silkies.
I've set 31 eggs for the GHD hatch. And hopefully i'll have about 45 It's a fertility test and I also need to raise a few younger roosters. I love my boys to eath ad they hve a forever home til they die, but after a certain ammount of time they aren't fit to breed large numbers of hens anymore.
Wellz, if you or anyone else has any of tose breeds or close to em and are willing to sel me or trade som hathing eggs... thanks!
I just gotta beat the MANY glitches out of my incubators... thanks!
big_smile.png

I don't have many pics and probably won't for a while, but my breeds are listed on my page. See if there's anything there you might like, but keep in mind I have only an Olive Egger laying at the moment. LOL

I like feathered lags and feet too.

Welcome JulieNKC
big_smile.png

Nice bator bedroom setup ApronStrings! I'd love to have something as serious looking as that set up!

I couldn't help but have a sticky beak again yesterday. What's a first hatch without a heap of candling? I want to learn as much as possible from these eggs!

Out of my 7 duck eggs I was able to see heaps of movement in 2! (My first time ever... super excited!) 4 looked great and 1 looked a bit different... sort of had darker blood splotches along one side of the mass that I could see.

Out of my 10 guinea eggs that I had declared dud... I am actually unsure about 2 of them at this point...... and I think one may be developing! Fingers crossed. I really thought they were all going to be thrown out!

I know why your super excited Mahonri! Looking forward to your update when you finally candle!

We got them second hand. They still cost a pretty penny but not as much as brand new. I'm using the lighter colored one (Dickey Incubator, built by a good ol boy right here in the USA) for chicken eggs. I only have 27 eggs in it, but it has a 288 capacity on its 3 auto turner shelves and also has a hatching tray on the bottom. I suppose if you wanted to hand turn eggs, you could load up all the trays with better than 400 LF chicken eggs. The darker unit is a GFQ 1550 hatcher that is currently being used for 11 emu eggs. If I only set emu eggs in it, (which requires removing everyother tray) I could fit 48! I can barely imagine 48 ratites. Looky here....
Ah, nice incubators! Cost ya a arm or leg but it's probably worth it~ but I must ask.. what's the difference between the two? Does one incubate and onehatch, or do they both incubate and hatch? Jus asking...
I didn't fry my eeeeegs! So happy! And from the five or six I could slip out to candle, they look mighty fine!
I wish someone around me had nice pure breed heritage chickens... everyone's birds orignated from mine or the hatchery mine came from!
Is it even possible to hatch a double-yolker?
As soon as I urn 18, I'm gonna do an egg swap! I should have much better birds by then, and have learned much more as well!
Or perhapse one of my parens could do that for me...? Should I PM an administrator about that?
Ah, maybe I shoulda read the rules more thuroughly...

What do you do with your Emus ApronStrings?

I haven't done anthing yet but grow em'. Don't tell to many of the folks on the emu part of the forum, but we eat animals that we grow on the farm....ssshhhhh! I got my eye on one that always bites me. I keep picturing myself like Fred Flintstones eating the HUGE turkey leg. I wonder if I'll ever find my favorite earing that he snatched outta my ear and ate before I could even blink...

lol about the 'eating animals you grow on the farm' ApronStrings!. I have never eaten emu before. I imagine it could be nice. Especially if the bugger ate my earring!

I was wondering what you would do with all of the little ones! They must be cute babies. We have some wild ones about an hour from here... they are nice to watch!

Back
Top Bottom