Ground Hog's Day Hatch

I couldn't help but have a sticky beak again yesterday. What's a first hatch without a heap of candling? I want to learn as much as possible from these eggs!
Out of my 7 duck eggs I was able to see heaps of movement in 2! (My first time ever... super excited!) 4 looked great and 1 looked a bit different... sort of had darker blood splotches along one side of the mass that I could see.

Out of my 10 guinea eggs that I had declared dud... I am actually unsure about 2 of them at this point...... and I think one may be developing! Fingers crossed. I really thought they were all going to be thrown out!

I know why your super excited Mahonri! Looking forward to your update when you finally candle!
chookin--heap o'candling... lol
I'm thinking I might candle tomorrow...now I have an excuse! good for you...

Contrastphoto--what are you going to do different to try to have better rates on this hatch? Is that a swedish flower hen in your avatar? I might just have a few of those eggs in my incubator...i really didn't think i'd win the eggs...and it being my first hatch and all, pretty silly, huh? I'm not hoping too hard...(hope hope)

apronstrings--wo!!!!! my eyes just fell out of my head at those eggs. emu meat....i bet very healthy for you

OK, I'm not waiting until Sunday at Noon... I'm going to candle tomorrow night!

I knew that you wouldn't be able to help yourself!
lau.gif

I am having a hard time not candling... It's sooooo hard to resist when you have to open the bator to manually turn them... I mean they are already in my hand! It's just too easy to grab the light & have a peek.

I will not candle.... I will not candle.....

Day 11 begins for me tonight at 9pm.

I knew that you wouldn't be able to help yourself!
lau.gif

I am having a hard time not candling... It's sooooo hard to resist when you have to open the bator to manually turn them... I mean they are already in my hand! It's just too easy to grab the light & have a peek.

I will not candle.... I will not candle.....

Day 11 begins for me tonight at 9pm.

I've been taking mine out since a few days ago to mist and cool, since I'm hatching ducks and geese. While they're out, I've been taking a quick peek.
big_smile.png
My geese are far enough along see legs and other body parts dancing around.

Hi Julie!... I have duck eggs & guinea fowl eggs in. My humidity has been a little lower than I would like so I have avoided misting. The more I read the more I wonder if I should be taking the duck eggs out to cool & maybe mist them just a bit... hmm I wonder....

Well I thought I should update my latest developing count:

2/1 Hatch: 7 of 24 (several were very clear)
idunno.gif

2/2 Hatch: 17 of 33
2/3 Hatch: 3 of 5
2/9 Hatch: 2 of 2 (Duck)
2/10 Hatch: 2 of 3 (Goose)

Still waiting on my 2/9 + chicks to develop.

Overall not too bad for shipped eggs.
yippiechickie.gif

Well I thought I should update my latest developing count:

2/1 Hatch: 7 of 24 (several were very clear)
idunno.gif

2/2 Hatch: 17 of 33
2/3 Hatch: 3 of 5
2/9 Hatch: 2 of 2 (Duck)
2/10 Hatch: 2 of 3 (Goose)

Still waiting on my 2/9 + chicks to develop.

Overall not too bad for shipped eggs.
yippiechickie.gif
Congrats Horton! Now, do you have 6 incubators, or are you running a staggered hatch? I'm holding steady at 100 degrees, humidity is right around 20 - I'm trying a dry hatch to see if it increases my percentages.

Back
Top Bottom