Ground Hog's Day Hatch

because I have duck eggs in the bator I won't be locking down until Sunday next week! Hopefully you all have some beautiful babies by then... to really get me stressing about my hatch!
gig.gif

hey kellyn - not sure if this will help you but this is how to post pics! First you click on the button that I have circled in red.... this will bring up the box where you can browse for pics on your hard drive.... (choose file circled in blue)

KefireN: Great Poem!!

Twentynine: hang on tight, sounds like quite a ride.

Did a more thorough candle of my EE's last night and every single one looks clear. I am now down to 11 eggies. :(

Day 18 for me is technically Wednesday, but my New Years Day Chicks started hatching on day 18. I believe my incubator is running a little hot so I am going to boost my humidity today.

TinK: Thank You Thank You Thank YOU!!!! I have not been able to load pictures since the change, now I know that I need to use a different computer to get the screen you posted.

I can NOT wait to post the pics of my chickies!!

Four more days to hatch.

Lockdown, TOMORROW!

So excited!!!
wee.gif
I can't hardly wait, I feel like a kid at Christmas time!

I do have some questions though....I only have two Buff Orp eggs set to hatch on Groundhog's Day, and the other 15 eggs (Lav Orps) set to hatch six days later. Is it ok to raise the humidity for lockdown on the first 2? Will it hurt the other 15? And what should I set the humidity to? I didn't think this through when I set this staggered hatch, I still have so much to learn!

thank you mahonri, you made me realize I had written the wrong date down--not tues...MONDAY!
whew, that was a close one.
highfive.gif

Working on my chick perch, it is coming out so cute. It is going to have levels for beginners and intermediates.

Quote: Go ahead and raise it at lockdown to at least 67% for those three days. As soon as the Buff chicks are out, run it back to 30% until the others are ready to lockdown and then run it back up to 67% to 70% for the Lav Orps. Good luck...

... and get another incubator for those staggared hatches!

Back
Top Bottom