Ground Hog's Day Hatch

The first to PIP has emerged making 2 hatched so far, on day 20, making us the early birds for Groundhogs Day. Stay tuned...

They are sooooo cute!
thumbsup.gif
Thanks for sharing pics!

I had no idea, but I too, have eggs due for Groundhogs Day!!!! I set 42 eggs on the 12th. 21 of those were from Laree, some adorable mutt eggs that I cannot wait to see what I get, and it seems they cannot wait to see me either. I locked down this morning (a day late) and several were pipped!! I only candled once and I still have 27 eggs total in there, of those 10 are from Laree.
wee.gif

Good luck everyone!!!

--low temp at bottom of incubator problem-- i moved 2 thermometers to egg level--98! I moved one to the side on the screen and it is at 96. it was at 100 at the turner level for 18 days. freaking out. advice?

I had one silkie hatch last night (2 days early) he died this morning. I now have another silkie hatching this morning, he looks very weak (also early). I seem to have yolk issues with my silkies this hatch. I hope it gets better.

apron strings, how cute!!!

Kefiren.... Ummmm, go with it? Sorry, no words of wisdom for you, but if you've got a pip, you're doing something right!

HortonFarms, so sorry, that's so awful to get this far n have them die :(

We are locking down tonight. Been taking care of my Marans baby all day, she looks much better, peeping, drinking & eating - but wings dropped low and head still tucked, I'm wondering if she could have worms too...

I always cut foam cartons up and put my eggs in large end up to hatch... that way they don't play soccer with the unhatched eggs.

BTW: I HAVE A PIP!!

One of the eggs from my coop. My ol' roo Fred (dead) lives on!

Good luck everybody! I hope all of you BYCers have at least a 70% hatch rate~

Can't say the same for myelf though, because I would be lying.sadness... but I shoul be getting a wafer for my other incubaor... and my styrafoam HM is doing pretty good with the temps.

That is so awesome!!!! Maybe it will be a boy!

I always cut foam cartons up and put my eggs in large end up to hatch... that way they don't play soccer with the unhatched eggs.

BTW: I HAVE A PIP!!

One of the eggs from my coop. My ol' roo Fred (dead) lives on!

Back
Top Bottom