Ground Hog's Day Hatch

5 more out! The other 2 haven't done a thing. I'll give it some more time, but it's not looking too good. 7 out of 12 isn't what I was hoping for. I should not have opened that bator for pictures!! But then again, I really had to remove the weepy before it became a stinky. I'm having fun though. How bout all of ya'll?

Congrats to everyone with chicks! I'm still waiting for mine. My geese are on day 26 now, my calls around day 19-20 I think. Not that much longer, and I'll have babies too.

Congrats to everyone with chicks! I'm still waiting for mine.

x2! I could have sworn I saw one of my BO eggs wobbling earlier, but I think I was just staring at it too hard
hmm.png

Last edited:
x2! I could have sworn I saw one of my BO eggs wobbling earlier, but I think I was just staring at it too hard
hmm.png

I did the same thing. I thought for sure one of the goose eggs was wobbling, but the more I stared the more I think I just was seeing things and hoping for wobbling, lol.

So Not a silly question! It's probably not an issue, but if it's really upsetting you - Here's what I would do... If I was close by and watching, I'd leave it unless I saw distress and then risk opening the bator and moving it away from the wall. If I wasn't going to be close by, I might just sneak my hand in and push it away from the wall. Chances are, if you move it away from the wall, a rampant chick may move it right back! We are officially locked down. I saw only 9 viable eggs left, but DS convinced me to keep 8 more in there that he saw potential in (he saw no chick in, just potential). ;) I am so jealous of all the new babies, especially since I think I've got at LEAST 2 or 3 more days to wait!
silly question. my one chick disturbed all the other eggs and now one's big side is against the wall. will the chick be blocked from popping out?

So, I took a nap.

Woke up to a total of 8 chicks out (1 dead) and 2 pips.

6 chicks are in the brooder box, and one in the bator trying to get out of it's egg. It's like it's stuck. I may have to open and move or just take it to the brooder to recover.

1st pip of the hatch is out and in the brooder. So at present, I have the potential for 10 of 22 to hatch. I need to go to work and pay bills. I may hike up Squaw Peak first though.

Back
Top Bottom