Ground Hog's Day Hatch

Congrats Mahonri! What cute little fuzzies! I would love to hatch some Marans someday. Maybe next batch. I'm still staring at my half zipped Delaware. Wish the others were showing signs of something but I guess I wasn't expecting anything until tonight anyway.

Adorable pics! Looks like your hatch is going very well Mahonri!

Well I finally got two more thermometers for my incubator to back up the one I already have....my original one says 99.7 and the two new ones say 101! I hope I haven't cooked my eggs! BUT the two I just got only measure in whole numbers, so I'm hoping that the temp is more like 100.5 and the new thermometers are just rounding it up to 101....now I'm really stressing!
barnie.gif

love.gif
Just loving all the pics of your new babies!

Sorry to hear about your temp stresses HereInOz! I wish I could give you some advice.... but I'm new to all this hatching stuff so I am probably useless!

Now I've got 6 chicks one pip and 4 ain't saying nuthin. (maybe before bedtime we'll see pips for those who actually want to be born on hatch day?)

today was balmy but where was I? head cocked over the incubator all day and now i have a crick in me neck.

Well for my 2/1 hatch only three made to LD. One died in shell and the other two hatched very weak and died a few hours later.
hit.gif

As for my 2/2 hatch, day 21 is at 8:00 am on 2/2 and I have NO activity at all. No internal pips or anything. I had one weeping earlier so I removed it. Now I am down to 9. Hope to hatch soon.
fl.gif

Looked at my thermometers a little while ago and now all three are reading 100 degrees exactly....earlier they were all reading something different! I think the two new ones I just bought may have old/weak batteries in them? They were eBay purchases but were stilled sealed in their packages. So relieved that my original has been reading true the whole time after all....I hope
fl.gif

OK... I candled again. Two obvious quitters.. but I popped the top on one of them and PEE YUUUU!!... it litterally BLEW in my face.

I've showered now.

I have five pips in WMR eggs and two in eggs from my coop... and one that I don 't know what's going on.... I hope they hatch.... all of the WMR are pullet bullets and I think it's harder for them to turn around... Temp is steady at 99.5 and humidity steady at 72%.

Back
Top Bottom