Ground Hog's Day Hatch

Well I have 2 more chicklets! My broody Leghorn pullet was out with 2 babies so she's now in private quarters. This is the one who chose to nest in an impossible to reach spot she's been fending for herself behind the coop. (It's enclosed but I can't monitor the eggs or confiscate new ones.) I was dissapointed to see only 2 with her, sadly I found one more dead and was wondering if more had hatched but when I tried to look at the nest there is a bantie Cochin hen sitting on it growling at anyone who comes near. :th So... looks like any eggs still cooking will be ok, I just need keep watch for new chicklets wandering around in the pen and snatch them up as soon as possible.

Well I have 2 more chicklets! My broody Leghorn pullet was out with 2 babies so she's now in private quarters. This is the one who chose to nest in an impossible to reach spot she's been fending for herself behind the coop. (It's enclosed but I can't monitor the eggs or confiscate new ones.) I was dissapointed to see only 2 with her, sadly I found one more dead and was wondering if more had hatched but when I tried to look at the nest there is a bantie Cochin hen sitting on it growling at anyone who comes near.
th.gif
So... looks like any eggs still cooking will be ok, I just need keep watch for new chicklets wandering around in the pen and snatch them up as soon as possible.

thumbsup.gif

Well two of the five pipped eggs are out. One of the five quit and died. Two look like they are still haning on and will need help. The two from my coop also look like they've quit.

So I'll get up and try and help the two that need help in the AM before I head to work.

OH, and BTW everyone.

HAPPY GROUND HOG'S DAY!

I've been singing Ground Hog's Day carols all morning...

"Ground Hog roasting on an open fire.... "

... this year I have a 20 lb.er in the oven!

kids are all excited to see what the ghost of Ground Hog's Day's past has brought them.

It's a Festivus for the rest of us!!!

Kathyimo! Awesome pics! And thank you for posting them, I show pics like that to my DH and it makes the few I have in the bator seem like nothing. :lol:

Still nothing happening here. :(

I keep looking in the bator, and the eggies keep looking back. Keeping their solemn expressionless faces, narry a clue to what if anything is to come.

Dang Blarney... here's hoping you get at least two!

Woke up to four chicks in the bator w/ one that was shrink wrapped, so I helped it.

That gives me 16 total. Amazing, that's what I guessed I'd get.

There are two still in the bator drying off and gaining strength... I downed the humidity to 33%..

14 in the Laree brooder... I'm pleased... now to raise them and get ready for the EASTER HATCH!!!!

Wow, Kathy, just WOW!!!!

When will you be hatching those Barred Rocks?! Easter time?

OFF to work!

Congrats kathyinmo! What a sight, they are adorable!!!
love.gif

I'm still waiting on mine...21 days is at around 6pm this evening for me. Being my first hatch, I've come to terms with the possibility I may not get any. Either way this has been quite a learning experience and I'll just keep trying. May have to join in on the Easter Egg Hatch!

Back
Top Bottom