Ground Hog's Day Hatch

Sounds like all of you are doing really well! But don't abandon this forum yet, y'all gotta wait for me~

Soooo... when's the next hatch gonna be???

Whoa, kathyinmo, whadda you DO with them all!?!?

Cops gone crazy, I hope u get 2 more!

Narry a pip at my end. Could hardly leave the house today, wanted to stay with my ear glued to the bator.... willing it to chirp. All these great photos!! And successful first hatches, boo yah!!

My pictures are not nearly as fluffy n cute:
One silent bator.... notice the M & M dispenser in close proximity, not the best idea ~it was about 1/2 full yesterday.

The new brooder, waiting for fuzzy butts (and perhaps a Brinsea if I take the plunge!)

Narry a pip at my end. Could hardly leave the house today, wanted to stay with my ear glued to the bator.... willing it to chirp. All these great photos!! And successful first hatches, boo yah!!

My pictures are not nearly as fluffy n cute:
One silent bator.... notice the M & M dispenser in close proximity, not the best idea ~it was about 1/2 full yesterday.

The new brooder, waiting for fuzzy butts (and perhaps a Brinsea if I take the plunge!)

Oh how cute! I have a cute one that another BYCer gave me and her grand daughter painted it so cute.

I jave 2 out now. Both from my birds. Figures!

New count 6 out 14 zipping 4 doing nothing

Edit-----

1915 hours 10 out but 1 not doing so good. 14 eggs left of those most are zipping.

With the temp control problems I had these must have been a super strong bloodline of rhode island reds.

Last edited:
Poor little Polish chick is nearing on 24 hours pipped. I'm not going to help it. I'm not going to help it.

Brinsea arrived. How do I know if it is hot enough under there?

I've got about an inch of shavings covered with puppy pad and the brinsea on top.
I am in the same situation!!! Mine has made very little progress all day and the others have hatched ... I might have to help it if I get home and it hasn't progressed!!!

I watched a youtube video about picking off a zip line of just shell and not membrane. I did that. Chick seems to be sleeping, seems very worn out. If it wakes up and take a stretch, it could be out. Or, maybe it will slip away. The other babies seem very happy under the brinsea. I can't believe how stinky it was in the incubator.

Back
Top Bottom