grower feed help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F50myster

Songster
9 Years
Dec 21, 2010
Central Coast
where can i buy grower feed? my chickens are twom months old. they are bantams. i fed them starter crumbles untill they were 5 weeks then i tried layer pellets and some hen scratch. didnt eat it so then i bought crumbles again and now they are 2 months old and i now feed them layer crumbles. is that okay? whats grower feed for? whats layena? what big name store can i get that at? like walmart? petco? etc...and for how much? whats the price? thank you

You can only get it at a big food store like tractor supply or Agway. Look up feed stores in your area. It cost around 13$ for a 50lb bag. You feed grower after starter and after grower you feed layer. Layer has too much calcium in it for such a young bird not laying yet.

Depending where you are in the country. Heinold feed has a fantastic chick grower. I really like their whole line of poultry feed.
A lot of feed companies just carry a Starter/Grower that is intended from hatch til onset of lay. Ex. Purina Start N Grow
Most of the time in those cases the protien is lower than in a bag that is strickly starter.
Christie
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom