Grower vs. Layer Feed

khpadventures

Songster
May 26, 2020
Hello All! My question is about the switch from grower to layer feed. All of my pullets decided to lay their first eggs and become hens literally two days after I bought 100 lbs of grower feed 😑 I totally wasn't expecting them to start for another few months!! So my question is this: can I continue feeding them grower for the next two months and then switch? Or is that going to be really bad for them 🤔

Hello All! My question is about the switch from grower to layer feed. All of my pullets decided to lay their first eggs and become hens literally two days after I bought 100 lbs of grower feed 😑 I totally wasn't expecting them to start for another few months!! So my question is this: can I continue feeding them grower for the next two months and then switch? Or is that going to be really bad for them 🤔
Provide oyster shell free choice in separate containers immediately and they will be better off than switching to layer as they'll have a higher protein content in their feed.

I haven't fed a Layers feed in 3+ years.
I feed a Non-Medicated Starter-Grower feed 18% Protein with Oyster Shells separately.
20201126_051320_resized_1-2.jpg

If my preferred feed isn't available when I'm at TSC, I buy a All-Flock crumble 20% for a dollar more. GC

Back
Top Bottom