Growing like a weed , but no feather's ?

I put Drumstick out in the big coop today. H/She looked really funny out there with all the other fully feathered chicks. I had to keep the light on for H/She and everything was just fine. The other chicks didn't seem to peck at it today. I will post pictures of it when it get's it's feathers.

I also have a rooster that is very slow to grow in feathers. Everyone else is nearly done feathering out and he is still rather round and fluffy with just the beginning sprouts of a tail forming. For the longest time I was wondering if he was a rumpless or something just because he had no butt feathers at all!

I live in the tropics so my experience is likely different than yours, but best I can remember( nearly two years) he went out before he was fully feathered and was fine.

I also have a rooster that is very slow to grow in feathers. Everyone else is nearly done feathering out and he is still rather round and fluffy with just the beginning sprouts of a tail forming. For the longest time I was wondering if he was a rumpless or something just because he had no butt feathers at all!
Thanks for your experiences, I have put him in the coop and he is loving it. Still naked
big_smile.png
. But it doesn't seem to slow him down. I hope that it is a he . I want a rooster in that breed.

My poor Marans is still fluffy while the other three chicks are feathered...how did your guy or girl turn out afterall? I"m worried mine is sick

Back
Top Bottom