0421221422a~2.jpg
0421221424~2.jpg
0421221422d~2.jpg
0421221422e~2.jpg

0422221846.jpg

.....and here I go again. 2nd generation guineas! I have chickens on top for a friend of mine & guineas on the bottom. ..it appears they are all fertile (I already did the 5 day check),..so we shall see!! My guineas have 2 nests that I been keeping track of. Their nests are in the woods..but my birds are 100% free range so I cant lock anyone in their coop with the eggs, right now all 12 guineas are still roosting at night together, but sit on them during the day.

Attachments

• 0428221828a.jpg
    0428221828a.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 4
We are starting them to free range. But the snow has pushed us back a little. The guy in the tree wouldn't come down and spent all night up there it was 3°. View attachment 2976699View attachment 2976701
Glad we are past those temps here. We had grass growing through the ice a couple months ago to the pleasure of my birds.

Wait Celsius or Fahrenheit? We still haven’t switched to metric yet.

Oh… that is unforgivingly hot! The car jump in Fairbanks gets up there but that kills me! It is up to 55*F here and it feels like heat stroke.
Where are you at? I live in South East Ohio its humid too ...but I am not even in one of the "hot & humid" states. I was on the tractor today tearing out old garden fences from probably 10+ years ago & my knees are Sun burned and hurt.

Oh no! It’s a cock, so not on a nest somewhere? Have you looked for a feather pile? :oops:
I have looked. I dont see any of him..do hawks just grab them and fly off? At night he was one of three that would go into his coop ...but for an owl the guineas roosting in the barn rafters would have been easier to get then him..and then again, no feathers anywhere in the barn or coop.

Back
Top Bottom