Growth near eye.

Angie16hearts

Songster
5 Years
Apr 1, 2014
California
My hen has a growth next to her eye. It looks worse today. Here is yesterday's picture. I'm a bit worried. I will say in the climate I live in they get fowl pox. I know there's another name but can't think of it right now. Anyways they all have a little fungus in combs I have been treating . However peps looks different !
any help would be greatly appreciated ! Her mom was killed by a pit bull along with three others. She's all I have left of her mom . Who was my first hen and favorite ! Best broody just good all around. I want to keep her nice and heathy but have never come across this! Thank you in advance! If anyone wants to see more pics let me know.

Last edited:
Well your photo is a bit blurry to really see it, if it's fowl pox than there's not a lot to do for it but wait while it runs it's course, it will get worst before it gets better and can take up to six weeks before it's all gone. Fowl pox is usually transmitted by mosquitoes and there seems to be a lot of it this year. I'm not understanding fungus in their combs though, as I am unfamiliar with that.

I want to say favus but not sure if that's the right name. It's super moist around here all my hens combs are looking bad. My cockerel worse then the others. Pep the hen I posted is pretty hard to get ahold of. The bump grew in 24 hours. So I hope that's the worse of it?! It doesn't seem to bother her but it bothers me cause it's so close to her eye. Thank you very much!!

Thank you your explanation of the fungus, something else I will need to learn about, you seem to have your hands full, good luck, hopefully everyone will heal up and become healthy for you soon.

Back
Top Bottom