Grrrr... 4 year old WACKO!

I know I'm the worst mom on BYC. I don't know how my three kids all survived their childhoods. The youngest is 16, now.

When my son (now 23) was little, I was a single mom, and was worn out by the weekend. Saturday mornings, when he woke up, he would go in the living room, turn on the tv (gotta love that remote control), and get some poptarts out of the kitchen. He would sit there quite happily until I woke up.

We also managed to train our kids not to wake us up on Christmas morning.

Like I said, I'm sure this makes me a rotten mother. But a better rested one!

LOL

My 2 yr old son is up at 5 every morning. He is ready for his 'potted mook' aka chocolate milk and he is ready to watch Krypto Dog on Youtube.

My 5 yr old dd woke up at daylight on her first day of school. She came in our room and was like "Moma, it is time to go to school!!" I was like "Girl, we have another hour before we have to get up, get back in your bed!" LOL

I gave up on getting sleep years ago. Once you accept the fact that a full night of sleep is out of the question, it doesn't hurt so bad
tongue.png

Quote:
LOL, i used to do that! Before school started they would go to my room and wake me up, I just flipped the tv on (tv has auto tune so it just take a flip on and their cartoons are on auto matically.
tongue2.gif
) but that was possible only IF they dont' wake the baby up!!!!!!!! Once the baby is awake, there is no going back to sleep!
hit.gif

Quote:
Take a nap later on in the day and let your hubby watch the kids. You will feel more refreshed and it will give your hubby time alone with his children. A win-win situation for everyone.
big_smile.png

Quote:
I've gotten up and woke everyone up to do school before on days that we don't have school. I think that getting confused about the days is a common occurence for most people.

It isn't automatically manipulation but could just be an honest mistake.

Quote:
lau.gif
I'm so sorry but that's just to funny! I so remember the same thing when mine were small! I employed the same tactic of keeping them up late Friday night and reminding them it was the weekend. Didn't always work but when they did get up early they knew they could watch tv as long as it was quiet and even do the Pop Tart thing too. Nothing wrong with that and it kept them occupied 'til we got up.

My youngest, now 9, would mix up his days until he was 6 or 7, sometimes thinking Saturday was a school day. Heck sometimes I still wake up early and think it's time to get up for work! So I don't think it's unusual or unreasonable for a 4 year.

Last edited:
Give him an clock radio and set an alarm with soft music. Stock books beside his bed. Before the alarm goes off he must stay in bed, but he is allowed to look at his books. If he gets up, there is a consequence that he will not like.

My 15 yo son is behind me unloading the dishwasher. I am going to go with too cute for your 4 year old, enjoy it and play with him! They grow too big too soon, and I love the young man my son is becoming, and desperately miss the 4yo sweetie he was. Same for my girls, who are 20 and 13 now. Just laugh at him. Enjoy it, even if he is playing with you a bit.

Quote:
My kids still do this on the weekends. They don't get me up anymore, but they are up at the crack of dawn on the weekends; but just try and get them going for school during the week!

Sounds like a typical little kiddo to me! It was great when they figured out how to get their own breakfast!
wink.png

Oh, I love my husband.......... He gets up with the kids, I am not a morning person. He would rather get up and tend to the kids, then dare wake me up. He loves to get up early, I could sleep all day.

But, I figure since I was up every 2 hours with twins when they were little, he can get up early on the weekends.

I LOVE THE POTTED MOOK!!!!!!! That is tooooooo cute
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom