GUARD ROOSTER

Alexxxx88

Chirping
Apr 19, 2022
Veneto, Italy
Since I can't get a dog there are any races that can defend hens for predator such as mouses or beech martens?
I was thinking about giant rooster races or some combat races but I'm not sure.

Ginnea fowl can live comfortably with chickens and several people have told me that they help with predators. They’re pretty annoying, but all the noise they make can make predators weary.

But if rodents are your only local predators, typical roosters would usualy do the trick. Or you can go for a larger breed rooster as long as your hens allow it. Jersey giant and Brahmas are pretty big.

I have not purchased any, but you can also get predator urine. Coyote or fox would probably scare rodents off. Maybe even cats.

Ginnea fowl can live comfortably with chickens and several people have told me that they help with predators. They’re pretty annoying, but all the noise they make can make predators weary.

But if rodents are your only local predators, typical roosters would usualy do the trick. Or you can go for a larger breed rooster as long as your hens allow it. Jersey giant and Brahmas are pretty big.

I have not purchased any, but you can also get predator urine. Coyote or fox would probably scare rodents off. Maybe even cats.
thx you very much :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom