Guess the age help, 4 weeksish?

Peggy O

Songster
7 Years
These guys (hopefully gals) were feathering out at TSC crammed in the new brooders body to body when I got them. They didn't know the age. I think we have had them 2 weeks now? Any guesses on age? I have them at house temperature (in the bathroom near a heater that pops on on colder nights). They are thriving. I was thinking 4 or 5 weeks-ish? Anyone know?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210505-154839_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210505-154839_Facebook.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 16
These guys (hopefully gals) were feathering out at TSC crammed in the new brooders body to body when I got them. They didn't know the age. I think we have had them 2 weeks now? Any guesses on age? I have them at house temperature (in the bathroom near a heater that pops on on colder nights). They are thriving. I was thinking 4 or 5 weeks-ish? Anyone know?
yep, looks like they are 4-6 weeks old.

Depending on how cold it is outside vs the temperatures you have them in inside (and if you're actively weaning them off heat), they could move out pretty soon.
Room temp next to a heat vent since day one. They were feathering out when I bought them...min of 62 ish at night around 67-70 all day in the bathroom. It's too cold here in NY right now to have them outside at night, we at the still having frost. Low 30s some nights. They can go on the porch this weekend though! Mid to high 60s during the day (then back in at night for a while, ugh). My preferred way is to get them into the isolated under the chicken house area, so they can acclimate and get to know our hens through hardware cloth, but this weather has just been full of suprises. I think I'll seal off the isolation area in the run with a few boards when they do go out for real, all but it's door. The wind has been brutal!

Back
Top Bottom