Pics
The Holland Lop was created during the 1960's and 70's, using some of the other Lop breeds and large doses of Netherland Dwarf DNA. They are a wildly popular breed. When I first got into them in the '80's, it wasn't unusual to see some ear control, even in show-quality rabbits. I can remember hearing tales of people taping coins in their rabbits' ears to try to convince the ears to go down. Though weak or damaged ligaments may cause ears to go down in other breeds, in the Lops, I like to say it's a combination of geography and gravity. A Lop's skull is wide, with the ears set well apart and to the sides, so the ears don't have a lot of support; gravity does the rest (even on the short ears of the Hollands). A good Holland has ears that hang vertically on either side of the face,with a strong crown, and virtually no ear control, though some young animals have control and lose it as they mature. I used to see a lot of "Weeble ears" (like the toy, they wobble but don't go down), but these days, even the ones that I see being sold as pet quality have ears that don't usually come above horizontal.
Alright..Awesome reply..Thanks. She is a cross I presume?..:idunno...Still a good Bunny..:thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom