Guess What?.... Chicken butt. But like for real.

it's like rocks of poop. We don't understand why because no one else gets like this. She's a very good girl and semi enjoys the soakings but we dont' want to turn her but into a frezzie pop. She gets soaked about once a week.

No she doesn't have that. It's just poop getting stuck on the feathers and drying up in big balls.

Is there a point where they are cut too far? Like a dogs nail? I just want to make sure she doesn't get hurt.

it's like rocks of poop. We don't understand why because no one else gets like this. She's a very good girl and semi enjoys the soakings but we dont' want to turn her but into a frezzie pop. She gets soaked about once a week.
That is called vent gleet... it’s not for no reason but the name of the exact affliction is escaping me.... look up vent gleet, there is a way to treat it.

Also on more than one ocasion the poo has pulled out few feathers (and she's starting to moult right now, poor girl started that this morning) But the poo has been a long going issue

Is there a point where they are cut too far? Like a dogs nail? I just want to make sure she doesn't get hurt.

You can trim pretty close. Try trimming to about an inch away from the skin. That should be pretty safe.

Actual vent gleet is pretty rare. Icky chicken butts are usually from other causes. Reproductive issues often cause diarrhea which can be mistaken for gleet.

If you’re cutting big feathers like on the wings and tail I wouldn’t cut any further than shown in the picture because the shafts of the feathers are quite large and they’ll be pointy; however for the small feathers around the vent you can cut them as short as necessary to keep her clean

Attachments

• 4EF0A4D9-42A9-4837-B85F-41F4C11E6E71.jpeg
    4EF0A4D9-42A9-4837-B85F-41F4C11E6E71.jpeg
    95.2 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom